RCL draft- Grey and everyone, thoughts on my squad?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
youngy_03

RCL draft- Grey and everyone, thoughts on my squad?

Postby youngy_03 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 am

C- Wilin Rosario
1B-Goldy
2B- Howie K
3B- Aramis Ramirez
SS- JJ hardy
MI- Jeter
CI- Hosmer
OF- McCutch
OF-Choo
OF-Rios
OF-Pence
OF- Brandon Moss
UTL- Will MiddleBrooks

SP- Verlander
SP-Clff Lee
SP-Cobb
SP-Tim Hudson
SP- Maholm
RP- Romo, Holland, Madson, Pestano, Storen, Valverde......

I drafted from the 6 hole, got Cutch, was happy with that, Verlander fell all the way to me in the 2nd round, i couldn't resist, took him, then Goldy in the 3rd...... Cliff Lee was my 4th rounder so I waited on starters for a long time after going with the unplanned 2 starters in my first 4 picks. Whats your thoughts on my team?

Not alot available on waivers. I'm not a big fan of my MI players but you can't be strong everywhere!

Lay it on me.....

Bourne

Re: RCL draft- Grey and everyone, thoughts on my squad?

Postby Bourne » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 am

You don't have any depth on either side. Maybe turn lee or Verlander into two slightly less sp. You offensive depth isn't great either.

youngy_03

Postby youngy_03 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 am

You don't have any depth on either side. Maybe turn lee or Verlander into two slightly less sp. You offensive depth isn't great either.
Ha brash.

Well pitching wise I'm not really worried. I can stream pitching, and 60 starts from cliff lee and verlander will be 33% of my pitching needs. I have pretty big expectations of Cobb. There's always a "lance Lynn" or "smyly" or "fiers" on the wire i can snag and ride til they fizzle.

Offensively I'm confused. I thought I was pretty solid there. I figured my OF was about as good as anyones, maybe the best, my corner guys Goldy/Hosmer could be HUGE, and if I can get a healthy year outta Aramis.... IDK we all view things differently, i guess I wasn't expecting "you're weak everywhere" hahahah......

thanks for the opinion tho, i'd like some others.....

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 am

C- Wilin Rosario
1B-Goldy
2B- Howie K
3B- Aramis Ramirez
SS- JJ hardy
MI- Jeter
CI- Hosmer
OF- McCutch
OF-Choo
OF-Rios
OF-Pence
OF- Brandon Moss
UTL- Will MiddleBrooks

SP- Verlander
SP-Clff Lee
SP-Cobb
SP-Tim Hudson
SP- Maholm
RP- Romo, Holland, Madson, Pestano, Storen, Valverde......

I drafted from the 6 hole, got Cutch, was happy with that, Verlander fell all the way to me in the 2nd round, i couldn't resist, took him, then Goldy in the 3rd...... Cliff Lee was my 4th rounder so I waited on starters for a long time after going with the unplanned 2 starters in my first 4 picks. Whats your thoughts on my team?

Not alot available on waivers. I'm not a big fan of my MI players but you can't be strong everywhere!

Lay it on me.....
I think Verlander might've messed up your hitting... You have 5 weak spots on hitting -- Hardy, Jeter, Moss, Middlebrooks and Howie... Some of those guys might be good, but chances of them all is tough... Your backend starters aren't great either... You really didn't need Lee after taking Verlander...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

youngy_03

Postby youngy_03 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:44 am

thanks grey and Bourne, things to work on.....

Bourne

Postby Bourne » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 am

Grey explained exactly what I was trying to say :)

youngy_03

Postby youngy_03 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm

grey says 5 weak spots on hitting, i say Hardy 25 HR ss, Howie and middlebrooks all upside and can be huge..... it's all how you look at it, now jeter, he's injured, probably gonna be on the DL and in general very BLEH..... but I can drop him in a hot min for the flavor of the week.... and if the flavor is delicious I stick with it.

I'm usually an ALL OFFENSE guy, but then i alwaysssss come up short on pitching, so I went with some pitching this year, i guess we'll see how it turns out, and there's always trades to be made and players to be picked off of waivers.

Thanks guys.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”