10 team H2H

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
KungFuPanda

10 team H2H

Postby KungFuPanda » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 am

Good evening guys,

10 team H2H-League (2 Keeper). 7x5 Categories. For the batters Total Bases and Strikeouts as a negative stat, rest "normal". Standard stats for Pitchers.

1. (1) Prince Fielder 1B (Keeper)
2. (20) Justin Upton OF (Keeper)
3. (21) Ian Kinsler 2B
4. (40) Mark Reynolds 1B,3B
5. (41) Chris Carpenter SP
6. (60) Adam Lind OF
7. (61) Clayton Kershaw SP
8. (80) Cole Hamels SP
9. (81) Billy Butler 1B
10. (100) Andrew Bailey RP
11. (101) Asdrubal Cabrera 2B,SS
12. (120) Chad Billingsley SP
13. (121) Chris Coghlan OF
14. (140) Álex Ríos OF
15. (141) Jake Peavy SP
16. (160) Leo Núñez RP
17. (161) Gavin Floyd SP
18. (180) Mike González RP
19. (181) Ryan Doumit C
20. (200) Alcides Escobar SS
21. (201) Nolan Reimold OF

I would like to hear others opinion about my draft. Some advice about my squad and what I should change.
I'll bring on my own opinion on my draft and some ideas about FA's and trades later on. I doesn't want to influence anyones opinion.

Big Thanks for any help! :)

Grey

Re: 10 team H2H

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 am

Good evening guys,

10 team H2H-League (2 Keeper). 7x5 Categories. For the batters Total Bases and Strikeouts as a negative stat, rest "normal". Standard stats for Pitchers.

1. (1) Prince Fielder 1B (Keeper)
2. (20) Justin Upton OF (Keeper)
3. (21) Ian Kinsler 2B
4. (40) Mark Reynolds 1B,3B
5. (41) Chris Carpenter SP
6. (60) Adam Lind OF
7. (61) Clayton Kershaw SP
8. (80) Cole Hamels SP
9. (81) Billy Butler 1B
10. (100) Andrew Bailey RP
11. (101) Asdrubal Cabrera 2B,SS
12. (120) Chad Billingsley SP
13. (121) Chris Coghlan OF
14. (140) Álex Ríos OF
15. (141) Jake Peavy SP
16. (160) Leo Núñez RP
17. (161) Gavin Floyd SP
18. (180) Mike González RP
19. (181) Ryan Doumit C
20. (200) Alcides Escobar SS
21. (201) Nolan Reimold OF

I would like to hear others opinion about my draft. Some advice about my squad and what I should change.
I'll bring on my own opinion on my draft and some ideas about FA's and trades later on. I doesn't want to influence anyones opinion.

Big Thanks for any help! :)
Kinsler, Upton, Reynolds, Lind and Rios in a league that counts Ks against hitters? Feel like you might've punted that. Don't think I would've went that way. Coghlan and Butler are solid in this league. I think you're going to be in trouble in the hitting side though. Your pitching also looks a bit too strong. You don't need Carpenter on this team, you have Kershaw, Hamels, Bills and Peavy.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

KungFuPanda

Postby KungFuPanda » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks for your fast answer.

It wasn't my plan to be that worse at strikeouts. I probably didn't even take a look during the draft (maybe because it's my 2nd year of baseball knowledge, heh) since I kept Upton and then took Kinsler because he was the best available player on this position of the draft and he is good value for the first pick in round 3 (1 after keepers).

Still, right after I picked up my players in the 4th and 5th round I wasn’t that confidence. Well, I just had some B and C-plans about the 3B position (Ramirez, Beckham) but I loved Reynolds more. I think Carpenter was a panic pick after Verlander went before me.
I should have picked up Hanson or Jimenez in the 8th. Other chance was to reach for Lester or Gallardo.
That’s the only thing in my draft I’m not happy at all about it.
Seems like I have the same feeling and opinion as you now, since you saw my team.

Pitcher FA pool: Rick Porcello, Hiroki Kuroda, Randy Wells, Randy Wolf, Aaron Harang, Jonathan Sanchez, David Price for example. At the moment I think it's not necessary to drop some of my guys though.
I did not think that my pitcher crew is so good. Actually I'm happy about your words because these was the position I was most worried about it before the draft.

I was the last one to pick a Catcher. I will wait some weeks to see how Doumit performs or should I pick up some other Catchers of the FA’s?
Available are: Russell Martin, Yadier Molina are the best in the ranking.

Where do I have the biggest problems except the hitting with the K's? At least my power should be great.

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:22 am

Another problem on hitting? If Alcides doesn't perform, you'll be in trouble with steals.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

KungFuPanda

Postby KungFuPanda » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:30 am

Okay. My thought aswell and pretty clear to see. Well, this makes two problem hitting categories. Can hurt, of course.

In razzball rankings, you aren't high on Reynolds. Somehow I'm still more confident about Reynolds after I drafted him. Otherwise it wouldn't be a good sign if I hate many of my picks. If I trade him I'm probably much better in K's, lose even more some steals...
I need some luck to get some steals of Escobar, Coghlan and some more who need to improve I guess. Juan Pierre is on the FA list btw. Also Kyle Blanks (not for steals though) as a sleeper. Also for this, I think I should wait how well my guys will perform or would you drop one? Rios?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am

I'd wait.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”