Used the early hitter strategy, did I wait too long?

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
zacand14

Used the early hitter strategy, did I wait too long?

Postby zacand14 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Only a 10 team league, Im used to 12. My offense turned out great, but did I screw myself in pitching?

C Victor Martinez
1B Ryan Howard
2B Ben Zobrist
SS Troy Tulowitzki
3B Pablo Sandoval
OF Jason Werth
OF Adam Lind
OF Andre Ethier
UTIL Kendry Morales
BN Carlos Gonzalez
BN Carlos Quentin
BN Rajai Davis

SP Ricky Nolasco
SP Francisco Liriano
SP Ben Sheets
SP Rich Harden
SP Homer Bailey
RP Neftali Feliz
RP Huston Street
RP David Aardsma
RP Brad Lidge
RP Ryan Madson

I think the answer may be yes, but is my offense good enough to compensate?

zacand14

Re: Used the early hitter strategy, did I wait too long?

Postby zacand14 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

In response to my own post I want to point out that I could not pass on Adam Lind in round 8. I wish I would have taken Ubaldo Jimenez to start my staff at that point. However, This is a good learning experience. If youre in a 10 team league take 7 hitters then start your pitching staff. I fear I waited one round too long.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Your pitching's terrible. No amount of offense is going to overcome that. You shouldn't take bench hitters, especially not ones of that caliber. You should've been taking pitchers in all three of those spots.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

zacand14

Postby zacand14 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks Grey,

I will try to make up for it on the waiver wire...but Homer Bailey was my last pick, I think he'll have a good year. Other than that, I picked up Davis and Quentin over the likes of Dice K, Neimann? from Tampa, Matusz, Feldman, and Scherzer in the last few rounds. Would you have done different? Who should I switch?

zacand14

Postby zacand14 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 pm

I was trying to use the low risk hitter and high upside pitcher strategy. Maybe this is a bit extreme, but if only 2 of my pitchers show their upside Ive got a chance (Nolasco, Liriano, Sheets, Harden, Feliz all have the stuff). No?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:03 pm

It's too much risk.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

zacand14

Postby zacand14 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 pm

OK i agree, but at least give me this: if I get some pitching, watch out!

Seriously I love the blog, thanks.

Also, while I have your attention: Im in a 12 team mixed league 5 keepers.

Through shrewd trades I have Utley, Pujols, Arod, theres 3 keepers. Ok, so my question is with my last 2 spots. I have Weiters, Nelson Cruz, Verlander, and A. McCutch from the Pirates.

NOTE: The league is redrafting after this year (they wanted contract length changes and some new people)...so Weiters not worth it?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 am

Wieters and Cruz seems fine... Cruz and Verlander... Either way, can't go wrong. Dealer's choice.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”