stynyr's team needs help

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
stynyr
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: stynyr's team needs help

Postby stynyr » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:54 am

Slowey remains available. When I brought this up at the beginning of the season you said go with Slowey over Kershaw. I am close to pulling the trigger on this switch now but I like to run this past an arbiter first.

Drop Kershaw:
W-L 3-5
ERA 4.13
K 70
Walks 42
WHIP 1.36

and

Pick up Slowey:
W-L 9-2
ERA 4.23
K 61
Walks 10
WHIP 1.39

Thoughts?
10-team (2 division), H2H, 5x5, keeping 5
c-Pierszinski
1b-Cuddyer
2b-Hill
3b-Longoria
ss-Reyes
of-Werth,Jennings, Choo
util-Byrd
util-Alex Gordon
sp-Kershaw, Harvey, Minor, Bailey, Ryu, Jose Fernandez, Garza, Kazmir
rp-Soriano, Janssen, Holland
dl-CarGo, Moore
n/a-Braun

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:03 am

It's coin flip, not really a move that's going to make or break you, as their numbers show. Sure, I still like Slowey over Kershaw, btu I said that two months ago.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

stynyr
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby stynyr » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:04 am

Well, the Lind/McCann for Lincecum deal was shot down. This guy is one of those 'I'm in first so I'm not even going to log into Yahoo! until July except to reject trades and adjust my starters" guys. I'm going to try the third and final offer you had mentioned wasn't too much: Sizemore + Lind.

Also, I offered Morneau + Nathan for Pujols. Originally, the guy said hell no and that the trade was ridiculous but he has yet to reject so I'm still waiting on that.

Finally, I am going to try to land either Gallardo or Cain (possibly both? if deemed necessary?) if the Lincecum deal doesn't workout. I'm figuring that a straight swap should work with one of my outfielders for one of them. The question is which one would be good to try and swap for either Gallardo or Cain? I was thinking Dye for Cain and to be totally honest I don't know who for Gallardo.
c-Pierszinski
1b-Cuddyer
2b-Hill
3b-Longoria
ss-Reyes
of-Werth,Jennings, Choo
util-Byrd
util-Alex Gordon
dl-CarGo, Moore
n/a-Braun

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:45 am

Any of them syraight up for either of thyose pitchers is fair. I'd try for Gallardo first.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

stynyr
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby stynyr » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 am

Any of them syraight up for either of thyose pitchers is fair. I'd try for Gallardo first.
Cool. Thanks, Grey.
c-Pierszinski
1b-Cuddyer
2b-Hill
3b-Longoria
ss-Reyes
of-Werth,Jennings, Choo
util-Byrd
util-Alex Gordon
dl-CarGo, Moore
n/a-Braun

stynyr
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby stynyr » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:44 am

Still waiting for the guy to make a decision on Dye for Gallardo.

Would flipping Cruz for Cain be a smart move. or would I be gutting my OF too much with that?
c-Pierszinski
1b-Cuddyer
2b-Hill
3b-Longoria
ss-Reyes
of-Werth,Jennings, Choo
util-Byrd
util-Alex Gordon
dl-CarGo, Moore
n/a-Braun

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:04 am

I wouldn't trade Cruz there.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

stynyr
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby stynyr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:22 am

I may be getting lazy...or my boss is on to me and knows that I spend six out of eight hours doing fantasy baseball research - leaving me with less time to think about these posts before I write them...

What OF would be a pliable trade option for Matt Cain? The other bum rejected Dye for Gallardo.
c-Pierszinski
1b-Cuddyer
2b-Hill
3b-Longoria
ss-Reyes
of-Werth,Jennings, Choo
util-Byrd
util-Alex Gordon
dl-CarGo, Moore
n/a-Braun

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:36 am

Ethier, Dye or Lind are fair. I'd offer them in that order.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

stynyr
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby stynyr » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:54 pm

Thinking of this:

I get: Pujols, Cain

I give: Sizemore, Morneau, Nathan

Pick up Francisco in place of Nathan

Fair? Good for me? Totally lopsided?