Victorino

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
linkinpaak

Victorino

Postby linkinpaak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

Does his value go up with Kemp, Ethier, and Hanley hitting behind him?
10 team H2H 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex(including QB), 1D, 1K, 25 passing yds = 2pts, 5rush/rec yds = 1pt, all TDs 6pts, PPR

QB - Drew Brees
RB - C.J. Spiller
RB - Vick Ballard
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
TE - Greg Olsen
Flex - Matthew Stafford
D - Browns
K - Justin Tucker
BN - Darren McFadden
BN - Reggie Bush
BN - Marcel Reece
BN - Daniel Thomas
BN - Danario Alexander
BN - Eric Decker
BN - Malcom Floyd
BN - Ryan Broyles

microwave donut

Re: Victorino

Postby microwave donut » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 am

Not really. Lineup may be slightly better but the park is worse

Basketball: 19 team roto keeper; weekly locks; start 10 util.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

Men-in-Cleats

Postby Men-in-Cleats » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am

Not really. Lineup may be slightly better but the park is worse
That hasn't stopped them from racking up the RBI's. I'd say he'll hit fewer out of the park than he did but hitting near the top of that order would certainly help his run production and give him more opportunities to run.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RCL In Trout We Trust: Bosch Brothers
C-Pierzinski, 1B Goldy, 2B Cano, SS Castro, 3B Prado, MI Lowrie, CI Youk, OF Ellsbury, OF Morse, OF Aoki, OF Rios, OF Swisher, UT C. Johnson, DL Cespedes, BN Buck, BN Alonso
P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

linkinpaak

Postby linkinpaak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:10 am

That hasn't stopped them from racking up the RBI's. I'd say he'll hit fewer out of the park than he did but hitting near the top of that order would certainly help his run production and give him more opportunities to run.
That was more along the lines of what I was thinking. I don't think the reason you're owning Victorino is for his power but a slightly drop-off wouldn't be surprising. If he hits lead-off he'll probably have the chance to steal more bases, if he hits second he should see a major increase in runs scored.
10 team H2H 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex(including QB), 1D, 1K, 25 passing yds = 2pts, 5rush/rec yds = 1pt, all TDs 6pts, PPR

QB - Drew Brees
RB - C.J. Spiller
RB - Vick Ballard
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
TE - Greg Olsen
Flex - Matthew Stafford
D - Browns
K - Justin Tucker
BN - Darren McFadden
BN - Reggie Bush
BN - Marcel Reece
BN - Daniel Thomas
BN - Danario Alexander
BN - Eric Decker
BN - Malcom Floyd
BN - Ryan Broyles

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:24 pm

The Phillies have scored more runs than the Dodgers this year and Victorino already hits at the top of the lineup (2nd mostly).

Maybe a few more steals hitting leadoff (probably will hit 1st) but I don't see a major bump anywhere unless he gets on base more, which would help no matter where he is.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

Men-in-Cleats

Postby Men-in-Cleats » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:33 pm

The Phillies have scored more runs than the Dodgers this year and Victorino already hits at the top of the lineup (2nd mostly).

Maybe a few more steals hitting leadoff (probably will hit 1st) but I don't see a major bump anywhere unless he gets on base more, which would help no matter where he is.
Dodgers are an entirely different lineup with Kemp and Ethier both in the lineup and even better with Hanley in there as well. Even in a down year he's put up far better numbers than anyone else they've hit in the #5 spot. Kemp missed half the season thus far so comparing what they've put on the field for most of the last two months is futile. Not to mention the fact that having a 0.280 OBP guy in your leadoff spot for much of that time will reduce opportunities as well and Ethier was still one of the league leaders in RBI's before he got hurt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RCL In Trout We Trust: Bosch Brothers
C-Pierzinski, 1B Goldy, 2B Cano, SS Castro, 3B Prado, MI Lowrie, CI Youk, OF Ellsbury, OF Morse, OF Aoki, OF Rios, OF Swisher, UT C. Johnson, DL Cespedes, BN Buck, BN Alonso
P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Dodgers are an entirely different lineup with Kemp and Ethier both in the lineup and even better with Hanley in there as well. Even in a down year he's put up far better numbers than anyone else they've hit in the #5 spot. Kemp missed half the season thus far so comparing what they've put on the field for most of the last two months is futile. Not to mention the fact that having a 0.280 OBP guy in your leadoff spot for much of that time will reduce opportunities as well and Ethier was still one of the league leaders in RBI's before he got hurt.
Phillies have been w/o Howard and Utley. Also Ruiz > Ethier this season. We shall see, Victorino might be awesome in LA. I don't think he'll do bad, just the same.

And oh yeah, fuck the dodgers

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler