Drop Berkman

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
kevo252

Drop Berkman

Postby kevo252 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:08 am

Thinking of dropping Berkman. My targets for a pickup would be Danny Duffy, Trout or Bauer.

This would be in my 10 team roto league below. I have been trying to trade two bats for an upgrade somewhere, but its not working. Let me know if you think dropping Berkman is the right move.

Grey

Re: Drop Berkman

Postby Grey » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:37 am

Hold
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

letsgobravos

Postby letsgobravos » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Thinking of dropping Berkman. My targets for a pickup would be Danny Duffy, Trout or Bauer.

This would be in my 10 team roto league below. I have been trying to trade two bats for an upgrade somewhere, but its not working. Let me know if you think dropping Berkman is the right move.
Why on earth would you drop Berkman? He has a minor injury and it appears he'll avoid the DL.

kevo252

Postby kevo252 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 am

Not concerned about his injury. I have a logjam of Of/Utility guys. I have to play McCutchen and Konerko everyday. Heyward is locked in right now and I need Maybin's SB more than Berkman's potential power.

I also like Ike Davis just as much if not more than Berkman. I have tried to trade him, but there are no takers in my league. I am 40 innings behind some teams in pitching and losing ground in Ks and Ws fast. This league has extremely few bench spots and not sure I should be wasting one on a hitter I am not going to play.

memmelaar

Postby memmelaar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 am

If you have a log jam then trade Berkman away...now that he is back "healthly" Berkman should have decent trade value.
Maybe you can trade Berkman and another player for an upgrade somewhere else.

Just a thought

kevo252

Postby kevo252 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:07 am

Trust me, I have tried. I individually e-mailed all 9 owners in my league, there is ZERO interest in Berkman. Probably why I was able to draft him with the last pick in the 11th round in the first place.

letsgobravos

Postby letsgobravos » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am

Trust me, I have tried. I individually e-mailed all 9 owners in my league, there is ZERO interest in Berkman. Probably why I was able to draft him with the last pick in the 11th round in the first place.
The people in your league are pretty dumb if there isn't any interest in the puma...

memmelaar

Postby memmelaar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 am

that is weird....he should have some value in a 10 team mixed league???

pythons007

Postby pythons007 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Trade another known commodity that people might be interested in that Berkman can fill. He should be both 1B/OF eligible.

Also it's only 10ish days into the season and I bet a lot of people don't want to make trades because they don't know where they are weak at yet. Calm down, Ks are easy to make up.
12 team Roto R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, APP, W, SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
C Alfaro
1B Hoskins
2B Villar
3B Rendon
SS Correa
MI Bogaerts
CI Encarnacion
LF E. Rosario
CF Springer
RF Laureano
OF Mercado
OF Tsutsugo