Kila just sac bunted Betemit over

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Oregon Nut Cups

Kila just sac bunted Betemit over

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 pm

So is it safe to pretty much drop him straight out at this point? If they won't even let you swing with runners on and no outs, your time has to be pretty much over I'd think.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Deltron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Kila just sac bunted Betemit over

Postby Deltron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Hosmer is rocking it in triple-A. Curious if they'll have patience with Kila and wait until June to see if he can put it together before bringing up Hosmer or if they're willing to bring up Hosmer as early as May. You have to think the leash is getting shorter on Kila.
12-teamer, H2H, points, 4 keepers.
Hitters: +1 single, +2 dbl, +3 trpl, +4 HR, +1 RBI, +1 run, +1 BB/HBP, -1 K, +2 SB, -1 CS
Pitchers: +1.5 IP, +1 K, -1 BB/HBP, +5 W, -3 L, +4 S, -2 BS, +3 CG, +10 shutout
Start one player at each position + utility, 4 SPs, 2 RPs. 8 reserves.

Flunkie

Postby Flunkie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:46 pm

It's been said that Hosmer isn't going to be brought up at all this year, though.

I dropped Kila for Trumbo tonight. My experiment with him is done, don't care what the Royals do now.. but it's definitely not looking good.

Deltron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Deltron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:59 pm

While I agree the message has been Hosmer will stay in the minors, I find it hard to believe the Royals will stick to it if Kila doesn't break out and Hosmer continues to mash. I think the circumstances are dictating a Hosmer call up in June at this rate.
12-teamer, H2H, points, 4 keepers.
Hitters: +1 single, +2 dbl, +3 trpl, +4 HR, +1 RBI, +1 run, +1 BB/HBP, -1 K, +2 SB, -1 CS
Pitchers: +1.5 IP, +1 K, -1 BB/HBP, +5 W, -3 L, +4 S, -2 BS, +3 CG, +10 shutout
Start one player at each position + utility, 4 SPs, 2 RPs. 8 reserves.

Silly String

Postby Silly String » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 am

For what its worth, it is being reported in KC that the line of sight from dugout to 3rd base coach were disrupted by a bat boy and the 3rd base coach incorrectly received & relayed a bunt sign to Kila. Ned Yost said after the game that he would never have Kila bunt in that situation.

That said I don't think we see Hosmer in June because I don't think the Royals will be in contention in June. The Royals starting pitching is so terrible they will be exposed long before then. The organization is trying to bring all that talent up as close together as possible to conserve service time.
Y! 5x5 H2H 10 teamer
C-Gattis
1B-Votto
2B-Zobrist
SS-Ev Cab
3B-Longoria
OF-Trout, Bautista, Kemp
UTIL-Pujols
BN-Beltran
Rotation: Gray, Cain, Kazmir, Ventura, Kluber, Bailey, Kennedy
Closers: Chapman, Soria, Rondon, Allen
DL: A.Sanchez, Rosario

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 pm

I agree we probably wont' see Hosmer any time soon but Billy can be their 1B/DH and Aviles can platoon all over. At this point, I'm just praying for a hot streak so I can unload him. He's great in a league that counts BB, but I already have my one sub .170 hitter on my team in Snider. That's enough for me, thanks :)
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

PollardsVision

Postby PollardsVision » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:32 pm

I wonder if the Royals will call up Clint Robinson if they feel the need to bring someone up. What's the point of having a really old guy mashing in AAA if you can't use him as an excuse to delay service time on your young stud and try convince people you aren't just being cheap?
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

Calogero

Postby Calogero » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:10 pm

I came close to cutting the cord on Kila a couple days ago...but I'm giving him another minute or two. Part of it is that there aren't any great options in my deep league's FA pool, but I remember he started slowly last year. I think as long as he keeps getting on base and starts hitting even a little more, they'll keep extending his leash.

Last year in August: 84 AB, 2 HR, 6 RBI, .167/.513
...then September: 84 AB, 6 HR, 18 RBI, .274/.908

So far this year (thru 6 innings Wed): 55 AB, 1 HR, 5 RBI, .188/somewhere around .560

He heads to Texas and then Cleveland next. Since I have the room, I'm going to sit him on my bench and hope he starts turning it around soon. If you don't have the luxury of bench space, drop him but keep an eye out for him to catch a hot streak and snap him back up.

Silly String

Postby Silly String » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

I wonder if the Royals will call up Clint Robinson if they feel the need to bring someone up. What's the point of having a really old guy mashing in AAA if you can't use him as an excuse to delay service time on your young stud and try convince people you aren't just being cheap?
Quoted for truth.
Y! 5x5 H2H 10 teamer
C-Gattis
1B-Votto
2B-Zobrist
SS-Ev Cab
3B-Longoria
OF-Trout, Bautista, Kemp
UTIL-Pujols
BN-Beltran
Rotation: Gray, Cain, Kazmir, Ventura, Kluber, Bailey, Kennedy
Closers: Chapman, Soria, Rondon, Allen