Who should I drop?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
deanshin

Who should I drop?

Postby deanshin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Who should I drop if I need to pick someone up?
13 Team 6x6 Keeper (R, HR, RBI, S, AVE, OPS; ERA, WHIP, W, S, K, QS) Roto Auction Draft. 1782 games, 1400 innings.

C: Mike Napoli
1st/3rd: Joey Votto, Mark Reynolds, Miguel Cabrera
2nd/SS: Jon Herrera, Angel Sanchez, Howard Kendrick
OF: Mike Stanton, Logan Morrison, Jose Tabata
Util: Mike Young
BN: Aaron Hill

SP: Yovani Gallardo, Shaun Marcum, Edison Volquez, Brett Anderson, Jordan Zimmerman, Daniel Hudson, Brandon Beachy, Aaron Harang, Charlie Morton
RP: Neftali Feliz, Heath Bell, John Axford

Oregon Nut Cups

Re: Who should I drop?

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

That kinda depends on who you're picking up and for what.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Bourne

Postby Bourne » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

drop some bench for SP. I think that is the general trend. Why does everyone draft a bat on the bench. I can see one or maybe two tops.
RCL Cracking the Whip: (5x5 ESPN roto)
C: Weiters
1B,3B,CI: Encarnacion, Wright, Alanso
2B,SS,MI: Getz, Kozma, Uggla
5xOF: Kemp, Holliday, Hunter, Soriano, Crisp
1xUtil: Markakis
Bn: Hill, Aybar
DL: Hart
SP: MadBum, Zimmermann, Morrow, Annibal Sanchez, Lynn, Anderson
RP: League, Parnell, Benoit, Hernandez

12 team F&F: (6x6 Yahoo! H2H with OPS and Losses)
C: Cervelli
1B,3B,CI: Gold, Zimmerman, Frazier
2B,SS,MI: Phillips, Ruthledge, Bonifacio
4xOF: Braun, Hamilton, Cruz, Hunter
2xUtil: Chris Davis, Span
SP: Latos, Moore, Zimmermann, Niese, Milone, Griffin, Miller, Cingrani, ~Streamer~
RP: Holland, Janssen, Perkins, Bailey, Valverde
2xNA: Straily, Grandal

deanshin

Postby deanshin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:24 pm

I would normally do that but we are actually limited to 1400 innings for the season, so kind of had to be judicial on starters.

Which of my players would you drop? Who has the least upside or just ain't that good, that is the question. I kind of like all my players (news flash!) so kind of hard dropping someone.
13 Team 6x6 Keeper (R, HR, RBI, S, AVE, OPS; ERA, WHIP, W, S, K, QS) Roto Auction Draft. 1782 games, 1400 innings.

SP: Yovani Gallardo, Shaun Marcum, Edison Volquez, Brett Anderson, Jordan Zimmerman, Daniel Hudson, Brandon Beachy, Aaron Harang, Charlie Morton

PollardsVision

Postby PollardsVision » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:43 pm

drop some bench for SP. I think that is the general trend. Why does everyone draft a bat on the bench. I can see one or maybe two tops.
I generally like to keep my bench full of bats, especially early in the season.

I see my bench as a spot to park spec guys that might get hot. A bench batter has 5 days to potentially gain value while a bench pitcher just sits there for 5 days. If it's a bench pitcher, there's a good chance that, on that 5th day, they'll shit the bed anyway. If a guy can go 10 days or so being either worthless or harmful, I'd rather he do that on the waiver wire than my bench.

Also, I prefer to get a little ahead early on games played and a little behind on innings pitched. I like to get most of my IP late in the season, when minor leaguers start getting the call and some teams stop giving a crap.

Not that any of it matters, with my pitching staff this season, but that's usually how I like to do it.
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

deanshin

Postby deanshin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Ok, so can anyone tell me WHO I should drop?

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:33 pm

We're at a philosophical crossroads here. You want us to tell you who to drop but we don't know what you want nor what is available. Drop anybody if Miguel Cabrera is on the FA; drop no one if it's just Jack Hannahan. All we've clarified is you don't want another pitcher.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

LMack
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LMack » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Beachy or Trumbo

jasongoum

Postby jasongoum » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:44 pm

With Votto and Miggy, Reynolds becomes a liability. You'll get your RBIs and Homers, so why have the 200ks and .200 BA. There are most likely other 3rd baseman to have that can get a higher BA and keep Ks down. Morrison and Trumbo may have better value long term. Id keep Beachy, I was too late on him in my league. Slept on him.
12 team full keeper: 7x7.
C: Sanchez
1st: Davis/ Wil Myers
2nd: Schoop
3rd: Franco
SS: Diaz
Of: Brantley
Of: Bryant
Of:
Util: Swanson
Bench: Russel, Myers or Davis
Minors: Meadows/ Is. Diaz/ Mateo/ Bader/ Cozens
DL:
P: Moore
P: Kershaw
P: Strassy
P: Urias
P: Servino
P: Wacha
P: Glasnow
P: Manea
P: Bradley
RP: Reed
RP: Cabrera
Bench: Brandon Mauer

deanshin

Postby deanshin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Ok, thanks for all of your advice. I guess what I was looking for was a name like Beachey or Trumbo.

Just because Cabrera is on the wire, doens't mean I drop anybody, that doesn't make any sense. Would you drop Votto to pick up Cabreara when you can drop Trumbo instead? Philosophical difference aside, the question essentially is "WHO IS THE WORST PLAYER ON MY TEAM!" Don't understand why that's is such a difficult question to answer.

Beachy if I want to drop a pitcher, Trumbo if I want to drop a hitter. I like Beachy (pitched well today) so I guess Trumbo will be dropped if I need anyone... NO MATTER WHAT I NEED, if Trumbo is my weakest player, then he goes first.

Sorry, for the frustration, but don't understand some comments....

Dean

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”