2nd overall (12 team snake)

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
TCRedsox

2nd overall (12 team snake)

Postby TCRedsox » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 am

I have the 2nd pick in a 12 team Yahoo standard snake draft. The consensus is to go with Han-Ram assuming Pujols is going first, but what if I don't? If I pick Miggy or A-gon or Longo, who, or what position, should I target next?
It seems in the few mocks I've done that I can sometimes get Pedroia, Kemp, or Youk with the next pick. Who should I grab? Or is not picking Hanley just too stupid of a move?

Kato

Re: 2nd overall (12 team snake)

Postby Kato » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 am

Pick whoever you want- it's your team, if you love Miggy- pick him, cause he's not coming back to you (that's what I call one-way affection).
If it's a keeper-league I would pick a young and healthy player with upside- like Joey Votto, Evan Longorian or David Wright. Pick a player that gives you a solid "backbone" for your team.
Your next move will be pretty much depends on your team-mates. If Dan Uggla is the only 2B left-pick him if you need a solid 2B. If you like a undervalued 2B in the late rounds and thinks he could be my every day man- skip 2B to the later rounds and pick someone else.

So my advice: Pick the guy you want, not the guy you need (damn, I should have drafted player X, I like him a lot - is a common sentence after a draft)
H2H Most Categories/ Dynasty
R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, K, SAC, SBN, AVG, OPS
C Y.Gomez
1B P.Goldschmidt, AJ Reed
2B K.Wong
3B J.Donaldson
SS C.Correa, I.Desmond
LF D.deShields
CF A.Jones
RF J.D.Martinez, J.Heyward
DH N.Cruz

Pitching (max 6 SP, K/9, K/BB, ERA, WHIP, W,L, QS, K, BB, SV, BS, BAA, HR, HD)
SP J.Zimmermann
SP C.Carrasco
SP C.Hamels
SP I.Kennedy
SP D.Price
SP J.Eickhoff
RP K.Uehara, RP AJ Ramos, RP Siegrist, RP Betances, RP M.Gyvens, RP H.Neris DL C.Smith

Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: 2nd overall (12 team snake)

Postby Simply Fred » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 am

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”