Thanks Razzball! Because of you, I finished _______!!

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Grey

Re: Thanks Razzball! Because of you, I finished _______!!

Postby Grey » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm going to use some jokes I read on Razzball to try and pick up women. If it works, I will post in here.

"Thanks Razzball! Because of you, I finished breakfast in someone else's kitchen!"
Ha!
I stumbled on Razzball maybe the beginning-middle of the year. With the assistance of Razzball (and Felix and Miggy) I finished (1) 1st of 12 going away (roto), (2) 3rd of 20 in regular season but playoff winner in H2H, (3) tied of 2nd of 12 in roto (after being last place mid June). Next year one of my teams will be managed totally according to Razzball recommendations starting with the preseason rankings. I know when I am not smart and when to rely on people who are smarter than me.
Congrats on the win!
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I stumbled across Razzball around early January when I started reading up for another fun-filled year of fantasy baseball. I ended up with my second best finish ever in Yahoo! baseball, finishing at number 342 in the world with 112.5 out of 120 points.
I didn't really have to make a ton of shrewd moves during the year, having nabbed Cano for $18, CarGo or $2, ad Josh Hamilton for $10, during the draft, but I managed to work a few major trades with Grey's help, and wound up with Wainwright and Lincecum anchoring my staff to go along with an infield of Buck, Votto, Cano, Zimmerman, and Alexei Ramirez and an OF of CarGo, Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, and Brett Gardner (SAGNOF!).

Needless to say, I finished in the top 3 in everything but WHIP, which I lost some ground in while streaming the last two months of the season... It was a fair trade though, because I made up several points in Wins and K's.

Thanks, Grey! If I can figure out how to give you a daiquiri, I will!

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Dwright5

Postby Dwright5 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:16 pm

Thank you Grey and Razzball. I finished 1st in my league...3rd title in 4 years. I started following Razzball in 2008 and it has been a tremendous help. It's definitely one of the best sites around. Everyone knows about the "mainstream" sites, but I truly believe this site gives me an advantage over my leaguemates. Grey I know you would love the web traffic from 9 other guys in my league, but I'm sorry that can't happen! :P

I love this site and analysis. Very intelligent (and funny) and spot on forecasts.

THANK YOU!
2019 CBS Sportsline 10-team keeper league (5 keepers a team); Roto; Standard 5x5 Categories (Est. 2004)
2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2015 CHAMPIONS

C Jorge Alfaro
1B/2B/SS/3B: Jesus Aguilar, Jose Peraza, Trevor Story, Nolan Arenado
CI/MI: Max Muncy; Manny Machado
OF (5): Rhys Hoskins; Cody Bellinger; Nicholas Castellanos; Marcel Ozuna; Jesse Winker
U (1): Tim Anderson
P (9): German Marquez; Shane Bieber; Eduardo Rodriguez; Matthew Boyd; Greg Holland; Jeremy Jeffress; Ken Giles; Anthony Swarzak; AJ Minter

Bench (3): Joey Lucchesi; Joe Musgrove; Zack Wheeler

DL: Clint Frazier; Matt Olson
Minors: Nick Senzel; Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I stumbled across Razzball around early January when I started reading up for another fun-filled year of fantasy baseball. I ended up with my second best finish ever in Yahoo! baseball, finishing at number 342 in the world with 112.5 out of 120 points.
I didn't really have to make a ton of shrewd moves during the year, having nabbed Cano for $18, CarGo or $2, ad Josh Hamilton for $10, during the draft, but I managed to work a few major trades with Grey's help, and wound up with Wainwright and Lincecum anchoring my staff to go along with an infield of Buck, Votto, Cano, Zimmerman, and Alexei Ramirez and an OF of CarGo, Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, and Brett Gardner (SAGNOF!).

Needless to say, I finished in the top 3 in everything but WHIP, which I lost some ground in while streaming the last two months of the season... It was a fair trade though, because I made up several points in Wins and K's.

Thanks, Grey! If I can figure out how to give you a daiquiri, I will!
Congrats on the win! Razzball.com, right under the first post.

Thank you Grey and Razzball. I finished 1st in my league...3rd title in 4 years. I started following Razzball in 2008 and it has been a tremendous help. It's definitely one of the best sites around. Everyone knows about the "mainstream" sites, but I truly believe this site gives me an advantage over my leaguemates. Grey I know you would love the web traffic from 9 other guys in my league, but I'm sorry that can't happen! :P

I love this site and analysis. Very intelligent (and funny) and spot on forecasts.

THANK YOU!
No problem, thanks for the kind words!
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LMack
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LMack » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 am

I finished first in both of my leagues, including putting up over 90 points in a 10 team roto league for the majority of the year. Your rankings were solid and the draft strategy articles were a life saver. The daily write-ups were hilarious. Grey, you write the way Matthew Berry wishes he could. Thanks so much, see you in 2011.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 am

Congrats! and thanks for the kind words!
Grey Albright

Thanks!

vinko
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby vinko » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 am

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.
-thanks!

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 am

No problem.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Falcon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Falcon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Absolutely love this site. Looking forward to 2011.

I finished:

1 of 12
2 of 12
3 of 8 (was in 1st all year, unlucky in H2H playoffs!)

thanks for all the help.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Nice, glad to be any help!
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”