Thanks Razzball! Because of you, I finished _______!!

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
bookiebob

Thanks Razzball! Because of you, I finished _______!!

Postby bookiebob » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 am

This is the official "Thank you" thread for the 2010 Fantasy Baseball season. Please post a quick reply about how you dominated your league; and how much money you fleeced from the chumps who don't read Razzball!

Take a second to thank Grey, Rudy, Smokey, and your fellow commenters and posters. Perhaps consider buying Grey a daiquiri for his help all season long!

Brag it up! Go on with your bad self!!
Hey Smails! A thousand bucks you miss that putt!

ChrisV82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Thanks Razzball! Because of you, I finished _______!!

Postby ChrisV82 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 pm

But wouldn't it be better to create 100 individual threads where Grey gets to say, "Nice, Congrats!"

I didn't go a full year with Razzball, so we'll blame that for my 8th place finish in one league (stupid consolation round dropped me even lower). However, I am in a championship match right now in another league, so I'll pop in with thanks for my first (or second) place finish.
I like sports with balls in them.

huskers95
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby huskers95 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:45 am

You the man, Grey. I'm going to finish 1st, 3rd, 1st, and 3rd my leagues
6x6 (OPS + QS) 12 Teams, 25 man rosters (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 2 UTIL, 3 SP, 3 RP, 4 P): H2H Keeper League (4 keepers per year, 1 must be a pitcher, with 1 round penalty per year. 3 year limit for players to be kept).

C- Gattis
1B- Goldschmidt
2B- Justin Turner
3B- Todd Frazier
SS- Desmond
OF- Springer
OF- Calhoun
OF- Joc Pederson
UTIL- Chris Davis
UTIL- David Ortiz
DL- Corey Dickerson, Devon Travis

SP - Strasburg, Kluber, Salazar, Carrasco, Y. Ventura, Lance Lynn, Syndergaard, Matz, Quintana, Jose Fernandez (DL), Corbin (DL), Stream spot

RP - Ramos, K-Rod, Uehara

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Aw, thanks, guys! Glad it worked out for youse.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:14 pm

i really can't thank this dude enough, i know i make lots of questions, but thanks for the advice GREY, you should get a digital copy of my trophy. I'ma finish 1st, 3rd and 4th. so thanks a lot!

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 pm

No problem.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:43 pm

If I finish 'only' second in my H2H battle, it won't be because of Grey, that's for sure (see hitter's bench for details).
ONC

Kdonovan

Postby Kdonovan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks Grey for [almost] daily write ups. I finished 2nd in my 13 team roto league, despite a bunch of under performers in my 1st 6 draft picks (Teixiera, Wright, Granderson, Jeter, Lind, and Nolasco) and losing out on 2 out of my 3 trades.

Key Free Agent Pickups: Daniel Hudson, Andres Torres, John Buck, Mike Stanton, Carlos Santana, Eric Young Jr., Gio Gonzalez

Bad Drops:
1) Early April drop of Napoli
2) Late April drop of Scott Rolen
3) Early June drop of Wandy Rodriguez
4) Early June drop of Luke Scott

Trades I lost:
1) Late May: Dempster for Willingham
2) Early June: Teixiera for Yovanni, Figgins, and Ike Davis

Trades I won:
1) Early August: Travis Wood and Lind for Jay Bruce and Axford

and thank god for these draft players: CarGo, Nick Swisher, David Price, Roy Oswalt, Heath Bell

thanks again Grey

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:43 pm

No problem.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

GregG

Postby GregG » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:56 am

......runner-up in my h2h final. The fact that I had no moves left by the beginning of the play-offs accounts for the motley, motley crew you see below, but I learned a ton this year. Including - don't pick up and drop Carlos Quentin three times. Or make moves after drinking. That last point is a lesson I hope in future to apply in other areas of my life.

Many thanks Grey - and for making it so much fun. I really wish they could figure out a way for education in schools to be like it is here....but neverthehoo! (tips cap)

Already looking forward to the Razzball winter meetings.....
Greg Gallagher :)

C- Soto
1B - Votto
2B - Hill
SS - Reyes
3rd - Beltre
OF - Kemp
OF - B.J Upton
OF - Fowler
Util - Lind

Bench - Gordon, Alcides, Belt, Snider

SP - Gallardo, Oswalt, Romero, Jackson, de la Rosa, Chacin, Zimmermann