Delmon Young

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Sid Bream

Delmon Young

Postby Sid Bream » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:37 am

where the hell did this come from? Do you fellas think this guy will continue this for the rest of the year?

Oregon Nut Cups

Re: Delmon Young

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

Hello potential, meet realization. It's real, I'd buy especially in a keeper league. The tools have always been there it's putting them together that has not been.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

GregG

Postby GregG » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:02 pm

where the hell did this come from? Do you fellas think this guy will continue this for the rest of the year?
Will it continue for the rest of this year - For the rest of this decade, I would wager.

Where it came from - as the Senator from Oregon remarked (above) - latent potential realised.

Pedigree separates the Bautistas from the Youngs - and the draft is the easiest place to start.

Easy guide to avoid being blind-sided:

- Former 1st round pick shows signs of life - keep a sharp eye and be prepared roster-wise to add at any time, particularly if they play a premium position.

- Former No.1 pick shows signs of life - add him on spec. It's worth an add/drop for a guy the best and the brightest brains in baseball once loved unanimously. Stock in Delmon Young bought in May is today worth.... etc, etc.

After that, there are organisation-specific caveats that make Cliff Pennington more credible than Lastings Milliedge, say, but follow those two main points and you won't be far off.
Greg Gallagher :)

C- Soto
1B - Votto
2B - Hill
SS - Reyes
3rd - Beltre
OF - Kemp
OF - B.J Upton
OF - Fowler
Util - Lind

Bench - Gordon, Alcides, Belt, Snider

SP - Gallardo, Oswalt, Romero, Jackson, de la Rosa, Chacin, Zimmermann

RP - Feliz, Axford, Gregg

PollardsVision

Postby PollardsVision » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:53 am

Grabbing Young earlier this season when someone dropped him was the only thing I've done right all year.

No idea if it'll continue, but when a guy is 24 years old, was formerly considered one of, if not the, best prospects in the game, and he starts tearing the cover off the ball, you take notice.
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

GregG

Postby GregG » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:43 pm

.............just as I read 'you take notice', a young man fitting that description walked them off in Kansas!

And wouldn't it be an awesome story if he started mashing out of left field?

Hey look - Dayton Moore made me a funny!
Greg Gallagher :)

C- Soto
1B - Votto
2B - Hill
SS - Reyes
3rd - Beltre
OF - Kemp
OF - B.J Upton
OF - Fowler
Util - Lind

Bench - Gordon, Alcides, Belt, Snider

SP - Gallardo, Oswalt, Romero, Jackson, de la Rosa, Chacin, Zimmermann