LOGIN

(Before I get to blabbing about Daily Leagues I’ll cut to the chase for all those that have played before:  Razzball Baseball Freeroll)

Playing season long draft and trade fantasy baseball is what I grew up on, but without fail, after spending many thankless hours researching and working toward making that one team perfect, inevitably it isn’t quite so perfect. How often does the jerk in the draft slot just before you take the player you wanted? Too often! How often is half your team put on the DL half way through the season? Yes, once again, too often! And how often are you just plain wrong in your analysis of players? Unfortunately, it happens. Even MLB personnel people get it wrong most of the time. So what do you do? In the past you would call your friends on a rotary telephone after you turned down your Bee Gees record and cry about your star 1st baseman getting lost in Oscar Gamble’s fro, but thankfully we now live in a new and wonderful age of Daily Fantasy Baseball!!

I’ve been playing in Daily Leagues for a few years now and I can tell you it’s just good clean fun, well, except for the expletives and self mutilation. But for the most part, clean and fun. Oh and easy. Oh and I forgot, it’s also not as time consuming as season long leagues unless you get addicted like I did and then maybe it’s more but whatever.

I do my business over on the fantasy football side of Razzball and often get so caught up in the NFL after the All Star Break that my baseball teams suffer.  So for the last few years I’ve been cutting back on my full season leagues and playing a lot of FanDuel. (And by business I don’t mean the pinching of loaves in the biblical sense). When I go all in on football I can back off of the daily leagues without making the other managers in my year long leagues call me dirty and unprofessional names.

So how do you play you ask? Well, I’m glad you asked. It ain’t all that difficult. Even someone who uses the word ain’t can play.

Each day you assemble a new team of scrappy baseball players and then send them out into the internet ether to do battle.  In assembling your team you can’t just thrown Miggy, Pujols, Braun, Bonds and Clemens together because this is a salary cap game. You get a set amount of money to build your team and the Fan Duel brain trust try to price the players according to how good they are. Of course you can find some bargains and that’s really the name of the game. You want to build the best team possible each day within the cap.

You’ll want to look at a lot of factors like ball park, lefty/righty, hot streaks, wind, steroid use, fatness, and so on and on. It’s fun because you have the whole league to choose from instead of the schmohawks on your team.

So join me in a free game right here for April 5th.  All you have to do is sign up and pick a team. No real monies involved. The prize pool is $250 and once again, the amount you spend to enter is el zilcho, which loosely translated is nuthin.

Also give their opening day Friends Of FanDuel Freeroll a shot too.