Trading for a "true" WR1, what to do?

Is Joe Blow enough for Joe Schmo?
Bjz1154

Trading for a "true" WR1, what to do?

Postby Bjz1154 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:48 pm

I was just offered his Julio Jones and Bishop Sankey for my Roddy White and Andre Ellington.

I intended on grabbing a WR1 in either round 2 or 3 of my draft but I didn't like any of the options that were sitting there for me. Roddy is my WR1 and I feel like he has the potential to produce as a number 1, but I'd prefer a "safer" option as my 1. Now I realize Jones is coming off of a major injury and can't be considered all that safe BUT he's the #1 option on a pass first team and has looked really good in the preseason.

I'm not 100% sold on Sankey as a RB2 option but he's got the potential to make the leap, especially with only Shonn Greene ahead of him.

Should I take the offer as is or should I counter?

His roster
QB- RG3 WR- Megatron, Julio, R. Wayne
RB- Gerhart, Sankey Flex- R. Randle
TE- J. Thomas K- Hauschka DEF- Houston

Bench- R. Rice, D. Freeman, Stills, McCown, D. Archer, T. Mason, K. Hurns

What to do? What to do? Thanks in advance
10 Team Yahoo 6x6 H2H (QS and OBP added)

C- J. McCann 1B- Rizzo 2B- J. Ramirez SS- C. Seager 3B- Moustakas
OF- Trout, Ozuna, Puig UTIL- J. Smoak

SP- Archer, Quintana RP- Chapman, Giles
P- Ohtani, Wacha, Taillon

Bench- T. Mancini, C. Morton, C. Anderson, K. Gausman, L. Lynn, H. Strickland, G. Holland

jaywrong

Re: Trading for a "true" WR1, what to do?

Postby jaywrong » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:41 pm

It's a fair trade, and it depends on how much you believe in Sankey. If it was my team, I would do it.
I was just offered his Julio Jones and Bishop Sankey for my Roddy White and Andre Ellington.

I intended on grabbing a WR1 in either round 2 or 3 of my draft but I didn't like any of the options that were sitting there for me. Roddy is my WR1 and I feel like he has the potential to produce as a number 1, but I'd prefer a "safer" option as my 1. Now I realize Jones is coming off of a major injury and can't be considered all that safe BUT he's the #1 option on a pass first team and has looked really good in the preseason.

I'm not 100% sold on Sankey as a RB2 option but he's got the potential to make the leap, especially with only Shonn Greene ahead of him.

Should I take the offer as is or should I counter?

His roster
QB- RG3 WR- Megatron, Julio, R. Wayne
RB- Gerhart, Sankey Flex- R. Randle
TE- J. Thomas K- Hauschka DEF- Houston

Bench- R. Rice, D. Freeman, Stills, McCown, D. Archer, T. Mason, K. Hurns

What to do? What to do? Thanks in advance
jaywrong
http://razzball.com/
@jaywrong for all your immediate Twitter fantasy needs.

Return to “Football - Trade Talk”