Overall League Stats

Place to discuss all things to do with the RCLs. League updates, league trash talk and RCL trade talk.
MattTruss223
Sponsor
Sponsor

Overall League Stats

Postby MattTruss223 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 am

Glad to see you still poking your head around the forums Vin, always love the work you do.

I'm trying to dig up the league stats to see where ECFBL stands compared to all the other leagues. Do you (or Grey/Rudy) have those stats stashed somewhere I could look at them? If not, I'm just going to copy/paste the overall standings page into Excel and sort/sum by league name and compare that way. Overall standings don't seem to be updated regularly though (Aug. 4th was last update). Thanks for you help.

VinWins

Re: Overall League Stats

Postby VinWins » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 am

I've been planning on doing league stats from the Master Standings, but just haven't been able to get to it yet. So if you can, that would be great.

I believe the standings have now been updated through August 10th now.

MattTruss223
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby MattTruss223 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm on it! Only trouble I have with it right now is Batting Average. I can't calculate league BA without having total league ABs, and ABs is not a column given in the Master Standings. IP is though, so I've been able to calculate ERA/WHIP easy enough.

Any thoughts on obtaining league ABs? The standings snapshot was taken yesterday (Monday) at 5 AM.

Right now I'm just taking the average average (stutterer!) by summing the averages and dividing by 12. Not accurate, but rough anyway. As I recall the league batting averages in years past have only been separated by a point or two.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

VinWins

Postby VinWins » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Nice.

As far as I know, you can only get ABs from the active stats pages, and it is not feasible to go through all teams to compile that number, so averaging is all you got. I was only able to do it in the past because of my brother's app, which gathered the stats from the active pages.

MattTruss223
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby MattTruss223 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Gotchya, well enjoy, I'll be diving into the numbers the next couple days.

MattTruss223
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby MattTruss223 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 am

Posted this info to our (ECFBL) league page, thought I'd share: Totals were as of 8/11/14

Runs: ECFBL - 8816, good for 2nd place overall. First place belongs to the Champions League with 8834

HR: ECFBL - 2024, 4th place overall. 1st - RCL #1 (Grey & Rudy’s league) w/2039, 2nd - Champions League w/2029, 3rd - Frequent Commenters League (FCL) w/2028.

RBI: ECFBL - 8409, 1st place. 2nd - FCL (8373), 3rd - Champions (8366), 4th RCL #1 (8311)

SB: ECFBL - 1331, 2nd place. 1st - FCL (1336), 3rd - Champions League (1328)

AVG: ECFBL - 0.2633, Dead Freaking Last, 1st place has 0.2674

W: ECFBL - 802, 4th place behind 3 leagues not much of a factor in the LCI race. 1st place has 811 Wins (and 150 MORE games started than us) Champions League sits in 9th right now with 794 Wins and 26 less GS than us.

SV: ECFBL - 850, 1st place (I’d expect nothing less with Saves). 2nd place is Champions League with 842

K: ECFBL - 12467, 1st place. 2nd - Champions League w/12254

ERA: ECFBL - 3.400, 13th overall. 1st place - Champions League w/3.317

WHIP: ECFBL - 1.205, 31st overall. 1st place - Champions League w/1.190

IP: ECFBL - 13319, 1st place by over 100 innings

GS: ECFBL - 1597, the 28th lowest total right now. The other top 3 leagues all have less GS than us Champions League - 1571, FCL - 1543, and the 4th lowest of all, RCL #1 - 1482

MOVES: ECFBL - 3289, 1st place. 2nd - Champions League with 2860, 3rd FCL w/2466, 4th RCL #1 w/1482

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:53 am

Few thoughts...

Surprised our league placed that high in homers...

The moves in your league is being buoyed by Fred, which is fine, but it's not helping him to do well, so really not sure if moves directly correlates to a better team...

If you had a bad draft, you can fix your team with lots of moves, but lots of moves to themselves does nothing...

Us being lowest Games Started isn't surprising...

Rudy and I seem to buoying the moves in our league...

If any league puts Nick into their league, it's going to get dragged down in moves and innings and other counting stats since he hasn't done anything in about 2 months... I'm convinced he has a mobile rotary phone that can't access his fantasy teams on a phone...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

MattTruss223
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby MattTruss223 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 pm

@<a href="#comment-2300832">Grey</a>: Haha, poor Nick. I was surprised by the HRs there too as you guys aren't top 3 in any other category (though close in many). Fred absolutely raises our total number of moves, but I do my part as well. My other RCL (Magnificent Mustachioed Men) is up there in moves and it's pretty much just me and 1 other manager chronically rosterbating. Interestingly, I've made almost the same number of moves in each league. For me, the moves have been rotating out the bottom 1/4 or so of my hitting Line-up based on match-ups, rotating Middle Relievers daily (if a guy has been used 2 straight days, he's out of my LU for someone that may get an inning that night) and chasing vulture and speculative saves.

I won't speak for Fred as I'm sure he'll check in, but he had some bad SP luck early drafting 3 high upside strikeout guys in J-Fer, Salazar and Wacha. That along with some poor streaming I guess put him in a hole in ERA/WHIP. Once he realized he was so far back there, he maxed out his GS to focus on Saves and RP innings. So, a lot of his moves went there and now he similarly rotates MRs on a daily basis. He also rotates 1/3 of his LU based on match-ups and has a habit of picking guys up as place holders and then adding the best available guy off waivers the next morning. We both can also be a bit indecisive...I've been known to add/drop the same player 3-4 times in an hour because I can't make up my mind. Also, dropping a player right before LUs lock to add someone for that day's games and then immediately adding the dropped player back is common place (especially with spec saves guys)

I don't think I had a terrible draft in either of my leagues, yet I'm top 2 in both in moves with good results.

mauledbypandas
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby mauledbypandas » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:15 pm

I agree that perhaps moves are not the greatest indicator of competition. I remember a discussion about this earlier in the year with Rudy where I was advocating for the LCI to be weighted heavier in the overall standings. I am not sure what the right system is.

Honestly I've had a lot of fun playing in 3 very competitive leagues knowing that there was pretty much no chance to compete for the overall title with such dedicated league opposition.

Looking at the raw stats it's pretty clear that the league competitive index seems to be working, I just think it should be more influential on the overall standings. Clearly I am biased though since it is only the handful of highly competitive leagues that have this issue!

As always, I enjoy the numbers talk Vin and Truss

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:27 pm

I think the most amazing thing is Dalton Del Don is competing with Rudy and I and has less than 20 moves all year... If anything, that should get props, if not points... Though, I guess you could argue if he would've done maybe 20 critical moves he'd be winning...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Razzball Commenter Leagues”