auction questions

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
cleaver596

auction questions

Postby cleaver596 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Getting ready to do my first auction this upcoming weekend. Just wanna go over a few things. Our league has no MI, CI, only 3 OF, 2 UTIL, and only 8 P. Is a 5X5.
1. Since I plan on only spending a buck on catcher and hope to spend minimum money on 2B, since there is about 11 guys that I would be fine with having on my team, would it be unwise to spend a good chunk of money on Fielder and Howard? Based on the final standings of the past few years with our league, I need around 25 HR per position and around 90 RBI per position. If I nabbed these two, I would have the equivalent of 3-4 players worth of stats from just two. I might spend up to 80 dollars, (yahoo's avg. cost is 36 apiece, with the same league settings as our league) but if I save money on C and 2B, this could be a worthwhile investment right? And with having 2 UTIL spots, I wouldn't be crippled with my picks later on.

2. If I splurge on two big power guys, I obviously won't be able to get Hanley, I was thinking the best bet would be to get a low cost speed guy at SS. If I go this route, I would have extra money to get a top 5 3B maybe? LIke Sandoval or Zimmerman? This sound right?

3. On the MLB Network, Harold Reynolds said McCutchen will steal 60 bases. This sounds crazy, but do you see upwards of 50 as a possibility?

4. Finally, who do you see as the best value for top SP compared to his avg. cost? Johan at $22?

Thanks for all the great info.

Also, after over 2 years of talking about this site, a few guys in my league have finally started checking you guys out. I'm happy they finally have come around, but somewhat unhappy because it means I can't zig as much when everyone else zags.
I'm the Cleave, so thats what you call me. That, or um, Cleaver, or his Cleaveness, or um, El Cleaverino, if your not into the whole brevity thing.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

Grey

Re: auction questions

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Getting ready to do my first auction this upcoming weekend. Just wanna go over a few things. Our league has no MI, CI, only 3 OF, 2 UTIL, and only 8 P. Is a 5X5.
1. Since I plan on only spending a buck on catcher and hope to spend minimum money on 2B, since there is about 11 guys that I would be fine with having on my team, would it be unwise to spend a good chunk of money on Fielder and Howard? Based on the final standings of the past few years with our league, I need around 25 HR per position and around 90 RBI per position. If I nabbed these two, I would have the equivalent of 3-4 players worth of stats from just two. I might spend up to 80 dollars, (yahoo's avg. cost is 36 apiece, with the same league settings as our league) but if I save money on C and 2B, this could be a worthwhile investment right? And with having 2 UTIL spots, I wouldn't be crippled with my picks later on.

2. If I splurge on two big power guys, I obviously won't be able to get Hanley, I was thinking the best bet would be to get a low cost speed guy at SS. If I go this route, I would have extra money to get a top 5 3B maybe? LIke Sandoval or Zimmerman? This sound right?

3. On the MLB Network, Harold Reynolds said McCutchen will steal 60 bases. This sounds crazy, but do you see upwards of 50 as a possibility?

4. Finally, who do you see as the best value for top SP compared to his avg. cost? Johan at $22?

Thanks for all the great info.

Also, after over 2 years of talking about this site, a few guys in my league have finally started checking you guys out. I'm happy they finally have come around, but somewhat unhappy because it means I can't zig as much when everyone else zags.
1. With no UTIL, it's not ideal. You're painting yourself in a corner.

2. No Hanley is fine going with an Andrus or Everth instead.

3. I think Harold Reynolds is a moron.

4. No idea what numbers you're looking at. Should be clear from my rankings who I think looks good for their value.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”