p0rk made a boo-boo

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

p0rk made a boo-boo

Postby p0rk burn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:43 am

So I figured my office on a Sunday would be a good place to draft - nobody around to distract me, fridge access, all that jazz. Things were great until my boss showed up. Next thing I know he's blathering on about TPS reports and swiping my sweet-ass red Swingline stapler while I'm botching my picks. My team turned out alright, in my opinion, except I'm light on power. While I wasn't paying attention I somehow ended up with every basestealer and their brother on my team.
2010 bats.JPG
2010 bats.JPG (23.21 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
The pitching staff should be legit, but a few of these guys are going to get the heave-ho when it comes time to pick up some new blood. Joba was picked up solely in the hopes that he goes back to the bullpen. Sanchez is also expendable when push comes to shove.
2010 arms.JPG
2010 arms.JPG (21.33 KiB) Viewed 999 times
For context, here are the draft results. The first 5 are meaningless numerically because they were keepers. Also, Hardy immediately after Peralta was an autodraft mistake. Peralta was originally intended to hold down SS/MI until Reyes comes back, but looking at the lack of power Hardy might be the gamble I have to take. Also, I fell into the Figgins trap and, despite Grey's warnings, I probably don't have the power elsewhere to make up for it. I don't feel that I had a choice though because by the time it came to my first actual pick (6th round - Jayson Werth) it was either Figgins or wait to pick up some guy around the 180 ADP.
draft.JPG
draft.JPG (30.13 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Any thoughts other than "you're screwed, p0rk"?

Grey

Re: p0rk made a boo-boo

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 am

How many teams?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby p0rk burn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:00 am

10 teams.

Konerko is available pending the waiver process. I'm thinking I should pick him up. For such a small league there are actually very few decent options on the waiver wire - Branyan (ugh), Luke Scott (ugh), Konerko, Swisher, Inge, etc . . .

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:07 am

Konerko's better than Hardy, probably... But you need the support at SS for now so that move doesn't make sense to me.

re: team -- You really do have a lot of basestealers. Hopefully Reyes will be fine and you can build up a huge steals lead. Then flip Figgins in May... Then again, maybe other teams will see that you have too many steals and not want to trade for Figgins. Steals are usually like cars... Once you purchase them, they lose their value very fast. Maybe flip Figgins right now. I'd take just about any power for your team. Cause your team needs power badly.

Yeah, your pitching looks fine.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby p0rk burn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 am

And making matters worse, its a H2H league.

Ah, here is to Runs, Steals, and the Pitching Stats!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”