Draft Help!

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Bo Jackson

Draft Help!

Postby Bo Jackson » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm

a
Last edited by Bo Jackson on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terrence Mann

Re: Draft Help!

Postby Terrence Mann » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:56 pm

If Holliday is there, I don't see how you don't take him.

Also, I guess I don't see how Holliday can be there if 12 teams get three keepers and there's ten picks before you. Who are the other nine guys that will go before him?

:shock:

After Holliday, I guess I'd agree with your logic. Go with Rollins, then Morneau.

If you're at the point where you have Phillips and Rollins, might as well just accept the fact you have to punt AVG and draft Dunn or Pena, anyway.

JMO.

Bo Jackson

Postby Bo Jackson » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:18 pm

a
Last edited by Bo Jackson on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:07 pm

I have the following keepers: Longoria, J Upton and Phillips. Drafting late in a 12 team league (10). Due to the keeper situation, you have to adjust ADP also drastically. By the 4th round, you're actually behind one full round, and two full rounds by the 7th (in 4th round drafting 5th rounders, in the 7th drafting 9th rounders)

By the time I get my first pick (10), the best 1B left will be: Youk, Panda, VMart, D Lee and then Morneua (in that order, based on my league rankings). These guys will all be gone by my 3rd pick (34). I like Morneau the best, but i'd have to grab him either in the 1st or 2nd (geez).

***I probably have a good shot at getting Holiday also, but only with my first pick (10).

Here's the challenge; I'd like to sell out on a top SS. Tulo will most likely be gone by my first pick (slight chance of him falling to my 1st pick, no way 2nd). Next is Rollins and Reyes. Thinking Rollins after Reyes' thyroid thing. Unfortunately, i'd have to take him by my 2nd pick (15), as he's got an ADP of 19. I am worried with Reyes' value dropping that someone may reach for Rollins before my second pick.

OPTION 1: Do I grab Rollins in the 1st?!? This would then be followed by Morneau in the 2nd. In the 3rd and 4th I'm targeting a top OF and power: Granderson, Mark, or Bay for my 3rd pick and then Lind, C Lee, Abreu, Dunn or Pena for my 4th pick.

OPTION 2: Or do I grab Holliday, then hope Rollins is still there in the 2nd. Now this combo means Dunn or Pena will have to be my starting 1B (round 4).

Which do you like as my OF1 (technically 2 with Upton as my keeper): Granderson, Bay, Mark or Lind.

Round 1: Holiday or Rollins
Round 2: Rollins or Morneau
Round 3: Granderson, Mark, Bay
Round 4: Lind, CLee, Abreu, Dunn or Pena.

What do you think of my options and how'd you manage these first 4 rounds?
Round 1 -- Holliday, #2 -- Rollins or Morneau, in that order, #3 -- Mark? What?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Terrence Mann

Postby Terrence Mann » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 pm

I have the following keepers: Longoria, J Upton and Phillips. Drafting late in a 12 team league (10). Due to the keeper situation, you have to adjust ADP also drastically. By the 4th round, you're actually behind one full round, and two full rounds by the 7th (in 4th round drafting 5th rounders, in the 7th drafting 9th rounders)

By the time I get my first pick (10), the best 1B left will be: Youk, Panda, VMart, D Lee and then Morneua (in that order, based on my league rankings). These guys will all be gone by my 3rd pick (34). I like Morneau the best, but i'd have to grab him either in the 1st or 2nd (geez).

***I probably have a good shot at getting Holiday also, but only with my first pick (10).

Here's the challenge; I'd like to sell out on a top SS. Tulo will most likely be gone by my first pick (slight chance of him falling to my 1st pick, no way 2nd). Next is Rollins and Reyes. Thinking Rollins after Reyes' thyroid thing. Unfortunately, i'd have to take him by my 2nd pick (15), as he's got an ADP of 19. I am worried with Reyes' value dropping that someone may reach for Rollins before my second pick.

OPTION 1: Do I grab Rollins in the 1st?!? This would then be followed by Morneau in the 2nd. In the 3rd and 4th I'm targeting a top OF and power: Granderson, Mark, or Bay for my 3rd pick and then Lind, C Lee, Abreu, Dunn or Pena for my 4th pick.

OPTION 2: Or do I grab Holliday, then hope Rollins is still there in the 2nd. Now this combo means Dunn or Pena will have to be my starting 1B (round 4).

Which do you like as my OF1 (technically 2 with Upton as my keeper): Granderson, Bay, Mark or Lind.

Round 1: Holiday or Rollins
Round 2: Rollins or Morneau
Round 3: Granderson, Mark, Bay
Round 4: Lind, CLee, Abreu, Dunn or Pena.

What do you think of my options and how'd you manage these first 4 rounds?
Round 1 -- Holliday, #2 -- Rollins or Morneau, in that order, #3 -- Mark? What?
I think he means Markakis. But you're going to tell him to rank them
1. Granderson
2. Bay
15. Markakis

:P

Bo Jackson

Postby Bo Jackson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 am

a
Last edited by Bo Jackson on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bo Jackson

Postby Bo Jackson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 am

a
Last edited by Bo Jackson on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 am

These answers seem like they can be found pretty easily in the rankings:

http://razzball.com/2010-fantasy-baseball-rankings/
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”