Couple-O--Pick Advice Please

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
zombie
Sponsor
Sponsor

Couple-O--Pick Advice Please

Postby zombie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Final Keeper season in a small 10 TEAM H2H League, our Keepers were just revealed. My squad Kept: Holliday, Kemp, Sizemore, Kinsler & Texiera. Keeping 3 OFs leaves a void at shallow 3B & SS worthy of consern. I THINK that (Picking 8th) I'd like to grab a 3B with my first pick (5 Keepers, so really the 6th Round) & Zimmerman and Aramis R. may be available (fully aware that Grey is no Fan O'Ram). Zimm is Grey's highest rated player available as well. For kicks, from Grey's rankings, here are the top 15 available/not kept: Zimm, BJ Upton, Pedroia, Cano, McCann, VMart, Bay, Santana, Hamilton, Ethier, Haren, Wainwright, Quentin, Cruz, A Jones...trying to stick with "best available" for the couple first rounds (6&7), do I dare take another OF? I don't really want an early Catcher pick...so someone else will get McCann/VMart (I guess, but both are tempting). On the wrap around, for my second pick, I'd like an upper tier arm before they are all gone. The best available are: Santana, Haren, Wainwright, J Johnson. Have I ranked these correctly? Lots of risk with Santana! Any advice on the first selection? Grab Zimm if there...& if not go Aramis, or take the best bat from the list above (even if it's BJ Up, Bay, Hamilton, Ethier, Quentin) & deal later with a 3B like Chipper, Beckham, Davis, Stewart group? Thanks so much for reading all this info. & for any FIRST & SECOND pick advice!!!!

Grey

Re: Couple-O--Pick Advice Please

Postby Grey » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Final Keeper season in a small 10 TEAM H2H League, our Keepers were just revealed. My squad Kept: Holliday, Kemp, Sizemore, Kinsler & Texiera. Keeping 3 OFs leaves a void at shallow 3B & SS worthy of consern. I THINK that (Picking 8th) I'd like to grab a 3B with my first pick (5 Keepers, so really the 6th Round) & Zimmerman and Aramis R. may be available (fully aware that Grey is no Fan O'Ram). Zimm is Grey's highest rated player available as well. For kicks, from Grey's rankings, here are the top 15 available/not kept: Zimm, BJ Upton, Pedroia, Cano, McCann, VMart, Bay, Santana, Hamilton, Ethier, Haren, Wainwright, Quentin, Cruz, A Jones...trying to stick with "best available" for the couple first rounds (6&7), do I dare take another OF? I don't really want an early Catcher pick...so someone else will get McCann/VMart (I guess, but both are tempting). On the wrap around, for my second pick, I'd like an upper tier arm before they are all gone. The best available are: Santana, Haren, Wainwright, J Johnson. Have I ranked these correctly? Lots of risk with Santana! Any advice on the first selection? Grab Zimm if there...& if not go Aramis, or take the best bat from the list above (even if it's BJ Up, Bay, Hamilton, Ethier, Quentin) & deal later with a 3B like Chipper, Beckham, Davis, Stewart group? Thanks so much for reading all this info. & for any FIRST & SECOND pick advice!!!!
Don't take another OF right away... Those pitchers are ranked correctly... First and second, etc. selection: Zimmerman, any SP, Aramis if Zimm wasn't taken, SP then best available.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

zombie
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby zombie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks for the confirmation Grey.
Real BIG Old97s fan by the way! Gotta see'em live - GREAT SHOW!

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm

I've seen them and Rhett solo at least a dozen times. Saw one show of Rhett's while hanging out with Murray. Was a trip.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

zombie
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby zombie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Had a feelin'.
Must have been fantastic.
Best of luck with your drafts; & thanks again for everything.

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”