Rate the Mock (Back2Back 1B's at the 12spot)

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
greenmountaincoffee

Rate the Mock (Back2Back 1B's at the 12spot)

Postby greenmountaincoffee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Yahoo H2H from the 12spot w/2utilities and 3OF.
Big hole at 3B unless Davis pans out. Surprised how far Rios keeps falling..

Fielder 1B (12)
Howard Util (13)
Votto Util (36)
Johan (37)
Dunn OF (60)
Lester (61)
I. Stewart 2B (84)
A. Jones OF (85)
Andrus SS (108)
Peavy (109)
Borbon (132)
Valverde (133)
Slowey (156)
Webb (157)
D.Price (180)
Quallis (181)
Rios bench (204)
Hoffman (205)
Dotel (228)
Scherzer (229)
Chris Davis 3B (252)
Ianneta C (253)
Joba (276)

Grey

Re: Rate the Mock (Back2Back 1B's at the 12spot)

Postby Grey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Yahoo H2H from the 12spot w/2utilities and 3OF.
Big hole at 3B unless Davis pans out. Surprised how far Rios keeps falling..

Fielder 1B (12)
Howard Util (13)
Votto Util (36)
Johan (37)
Dunn OF (60)
Lester (61)
I. Stewart 2B (84)
A. Jones OF (85)
Andrus SS (108)
Peavy (109)
Borbon (132)
Valverde (133)
Slowey (156)
Webb (157)
D.Price (180)
Quallis (181)
Rios bench (204)
Hoffman (205)
Dotel (228)
Scherzer (229)
Chris Davis 3B (252)
Ianneta C (253)
Joba (276)
So you decided to do a mock where you took three straight first basemen? Was this a dare? It's an okay team but it's very unbalanced. It's like you have all of your steals guys over here and all of your power guys over there and there's very few guys besides Rios and Jones that do both. I don't want to encourage this type of drafting, but I bet you can find steals on waivers in-season and you would be more than fine on power.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

greenmountaincoffee

Postby greenmountaincoffee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:28 pm

I wanted the two 1Bs to see how it turned out, but then couldn't pass on Votto so figured i'd just fill the second utility spot. With a start like that it may have been better to just punt speed and win 3/5 hitting categories every week..

Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Simply Fred » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 am

Strongly recommend you enter this mock to the War Room. Then enter a "balanced" mock for comparison. This might surprise you and project well. Please share results.

http://razzball.com/2010-fantasy-baseball-war-room/

Use section IV, Grey's. After entering the mock's picks, on the War Room page, scroll to the 12-team ranking box.

greenmountaincoffee

Postby greenmountaincoffee » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Team ends up ranked 4th best, but the pitching carried it.

Total 68pts (4th best) follows 70 (3rd), 74 (2nd), 77 (1st)
Runs (2pts), HR (6pts), RBI/SB/AVG (3pts each)
ERA/WHIP/Wins (11pts each), Saves (7pts), Ks (11pts)

It seems a little skewed b/c war room takes the totals of all a teams batters. The mock team above only had 11 batters vs. 13-15 for most other teams.

On a per-player basis results looked a little better and team totals out to 84pts.
Runs (8pts), HR (12pts), RBI (11pts), SB (8pts), AVG (3pts)
ERA (11pts), Whip (11pts), Wins (7pts), Saves (6pts), K's (7pts)

Simply Fred
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Simply Fred » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I know it took quite a little bit of work to enter this. However, don't see how you get a true reading of your initial question: back2back 1B's, unless you have a balanced number of hitters and pitchers for all teams.

For what it's worth, I have been having good success going heavy on 1Bs in the top few rounds. Requires waiting on MI until late and going for cheap steals from those positions (think E.Cabrerra, A. Escobar).

As Grey stated, he isn't in favor of it.

One reason for going in that direction: Rudy's Bran strategy highlighted that MI have the worst track record in terms of producing in accord with projections.

greenmountaincoffee

Postby greenmountaincoffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:02 pm

I've been struggling with whether to start with two 1Bs. In my keeper league i've got pick 12 and we get to keep 2 players.

Was thinking of keeping Cabrera (Rd1) and AGone (Rd6) b/c i'm not optimistic of what will be left when i get my first pick. When I work through scenarios I keep ending up with Phillips or possibly Reyes as the first pick I'd get. Reyes wouldn't be that bad b/c it would fix the steals issue right away with my team if i start with two 1Bs.

I like Cabrera/Gonzo b/c I feel those are the safest picks and maybe another top 20 falls to me. I've also got option of either Beckham/McCutchen as Rd23 picks. Like the scenario of Gonzo (Rd6) and McCutchen (Rd23), but then I'm not sure what would be left at picks 12/13 in Rd1/2. Figure a decent amount of good players will be kept at "good value" and then i'm still stuck at end of rd 1 so best players not kept likely will be off the board.

Probably best to take the safe picks in keeper league where so few hitters are kept. I'll just have to make sure to maybe reach on some of those speed middle infielders. Any thoughts?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:10 pm

I've been struggling with whether to start with two 1Bs. In my keeper league i've got pick 12 and we get to keep 2 players.

Was thinking of keeping Cabrera (Rd1) and AGone (Rd6) b/c i'm not optimistic of what will be left when i get my first pick. When I work through scenarios I keep ending up with Phillips or possibly Reyes as the first pick I'd get. Reyes wouldn't be that bad b/c it would fix the steals issue right away with my team if i start with two 1Bs.

I like Cabrera/Gonzo b/c I feel those are the safest picks and maybe another top 20 falls to me. I've also got option of either Beckham/McCutchen as Rd23 picks. Like the scenario of Gonzo (Rd6) and McCutchen (Rd23), but then I'm not sure what would be left at picks 12/13 in Rd1/2. Figure a decent amount of good players will be kept at "good value" and then i'm still stuck at end of rd 1 so best players not kept likely will be off the board.

Probably best to take the safe picks in keeper league where so few hitters are kept. I'll just have to make sure to maybe reach on some of those speed middle infielders. Any thoughts?
Keep the best two, safe hitters, so, yeah, A-Gon and Miggy.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”