FRL Brad Ausmus Division -- Post Your Team Here

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
IowaCubs
Sponsor
Sponsor

FRL Brad Ausmus Division -- Post Your Team Here

Postby IowaCubs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:33 am

Leaguemates and non-interested parties,

For those who don't know and probably don't care, we had our draft last night in the FRL Brad Ausmus Division. I just got done taking my shower after drafting. Checking myself into rehab right now. I'm looking forward to one completely horrible season.

Please use this post to post your gahdawful teams. Mine follows this note.

Respect,
Phil (Dusty Baker's Toothpick)

P.S. You are the Ausmusest.
Attachments
bausmus.jpg
bausmus.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Last edited by IowaCubs on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 team h2h keeper (keep 5), $101 FAAB budget. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,MI,CI,U,5SP,2RP... It's standard 5x5, but we use quality starts instead of wins. I currently have $1 left in FAAB money.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

IowaCubs
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: FRL Brad Ausmus Division -- Post Your Team Here

Postby IowaCubs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:42 am

In this draft, I took Razztastically awful Brian Bannister with the 8th pick in the draft. I then followed with Castillo, Izturis, Hall and my sleeper pick, Craig Monroe. I feel there's some excellent late round value in Josh Anderson, Kyle Davies, Gorzelanny and Mike Hampton. Otherwise, I have no idea why or who else I picked, I just looked for guys who sucked and had starting jobs.

The rest of the draft, I just totally guessed. Then my kids started to get tired, the wife was yelling at me and I had to leave the draft, ending it with a Razzball League NIGHTMARE with autopicks of Webb, Longoria, Jason Bay and (YIKES!) Justin Morneau!

C Yadier Molina, StL C
1B Daric Barton, Oak 1B
2B Luis Castillo, NYM 2B
3B Bill Hall, Mil 3B
SS Cesar Izturis, Bal SS
2B/SS Kevin Frandsen, SF 2B
1B/3B Brandon Inge, Det C, 3B
OF Brett Gardner, NYY OF
OF Ryan Sweeney, Oak OF
OF Ben Francisco, Cle OF
OF Michael Cuddyer, Min OF
OF Josh Anderson, Atl OF
UTIL Craig Monroe, Pit DH
P Brian Bannister, KC SP
P Dave Bush, Mil SP
P Tom Gorzelanny, Pit SP
P Ryan Rowland-Smith, Sea RP
P Sean Gallagher, Oak SP, RP
P Mike Hampton, Hou SP
P Todd Wellemeyer, StL SP, RP
P Kyle Davies, KC SP
P
Bench Rich Aurilia, SF 1B, 3B
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
DL
Attachments
Brad Ausmus 43.jpg
Brad Ausmus with a Bassoon for some reason.
Brad Ausmus 43.jpg (31.03 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
14 team h2h keeper (keep 5), $101 FAAB budget. C,1B,2B,SS,3B,MI,CI,U,5SP,2RP... It's standard 5x5, but we use quality starts instead of wins. I currently have $1 left in FAAB money.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:51 am

In this draft, I took Razztastically awful Brian Bannister with the 8th pick in the draft. I then followed with Castillo, Izturis, Hall and my sleeper pick, Craig Monroe. I feel there's some excellent late round value in Josh Anderson, Kyle Davies, Gorzelanny and Mike Hampton. Otherwise, I have no idea why or who else I picked, I just looked for guys who sucked and had starting jobs.

The rest of the draft, I just totally guessed. Then my kids started to get tired, the wife was yelling at me and I had to leave the draft, ending it with a Razzball League NIGHTMARE with autopicks of Webb, Longoria, Jason Bay and (YIKES!) Justin Morneau!

C Yadier Molina, StL C
1B Daric Barton, Oak 1B
2B Luis Castillo, NYM 2B
3B Bill Hall, Mil 3B
SS Cesar Izturis, Bal SS
2B/SS Kevin Frandsen, SF 2B
1B/3B Brandon Inge, Det C, 3B
OF Brett Gardner, NYY OF
OF Ryan Sweeney, Oak OF
OF Ben Francisco, Cle OF
OF Michael Cuddyer, Min OF
OF Josh Anderson, Atl OF
UTIL Craig Monroe, Pit DH
P Brian Bannister, KC SP
P Dave Bush, Mil SP
P Tom Gorzelanny, Pit SP
P Ryan Rowland-Smith, Sea RP
P Sean Gallagher, Oak SP, RP
P Mike Hampton, Hou SP
P Todd Wellemeyer, StL SP, RP
P Kyle Davies, KC SP
P
Bench Rich Aurilia, SF 1B, 3B
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
DL
Bannister is so awful, I think he lost the starting job to Ponson. Gorz was sent to the minors too. In most cases, I'd ask what you were doing with those picks, but great planning ahead here! I like your hitting, but I'm not sure if you have enough starters to get ABs. Though they all definitely suck. Your picthing has some risk (Wellemeyer, Gallagher) but anyone with three names makes me smile.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

vinko
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby vinko » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:02 am

Here's my razztastic team!

C Brian Schneider
1B Ronnie Belliard
2B Emmanuel Burriss
3B Geoff Blum
SS Adam Everett
2B/SS Anderson Hernandez
1B/3B Martin Prado
OF Skip Schumaker
OF Endy Chavez
OF Dewayne Wise
OF Wladimir Balentien
OF Gabe Gross
UTIL Gregg Zaun
Bench Juan Pierre
Eric Chavez
Seth Smith
Jeff Keppinger
Julio Lugo
P Scott Feldman
P Ross Ohlendorf
P Sidney Ponson
P Carl Pavano
P Adam Eaton
P Joel Pineiro
P Danys Baez
P Jose Contreras
P Jose Capellan

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 am

Here's my razztastic team!

C Brian Schneider
1B Ronnie Belliard
2B Emmanuel Burriss
3B Geoff Blum
SS Adam Everett
2B/SS Anderson Hernandez
1B/3B Martin Prado
OF Skip Schumaker
OF Endy Chavez
OF Dewayne Wise
OF Wladimir Balentien
OF Gabe Gross
UTIL Gregg Zaun
Bench Juan Pierre
Eric Chavez
Seth Smith
Jeff Keppinger
Julio Lugo
P Scott Feldman
P Ross Ohlendorf
P Sidney Ponson
P Carl Pavano
P Adam Eaton
P Joel Pineiro
P Danys Baez
P Jose Contreras
P Jose Capellan
Now here's a guy that knows how to put together a really lousy team. None of those guys should be playing in the majors, yet they are. Scotty Feldman! Pavano? Wonderful! I like how you filled your bench too, well played.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Freak
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Freak » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:39 am

C Kurt Suzuki
1B Billy Butler
2B Edgar Gonzalez
3B Jed Lowrie
SS Elivs Andurs
2B/SS Orlando Cabrera
1B/3B Andy Laroche
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Chase Headley
OF Fred Lewis
OF Jeff Francoeur
OF Delmon Young
Util Ivan Rodriguez
Bench Adam Jones
Bench Brendan Harris
Bench
Bench

P Livan Hernandez
P Carlos Silva
P Daniel Cabrera
P Kyle Kendrick
P Johnny Cueto
P Joe Blanton
P Jason Bergmann
P Aaron Harang
P Edwin Jackson
Bench Fausto Carmona

It seems I'm banking a lot on people that used to be good sucking again like they did last year. No bouncebacks, please! Draft software was all whacked out, caused me to autodraft 2 people. I'm thinking I might have to drop Pacman, no matter how much I think his picture will guarantee success. I think he might get too many home runs. Billy Butler's probably my biggest starting concern, but 1B is really (un?)shallow. I think a guy like Jed Lowrie at 3B is a huge plus. And Old-Rod in my utility spot is sweet.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 am

C Kurt Suzuki
1B Billy Butler
2B Edgar Gonzalez
3B Jed Lowrie
SS Elivs Andurs
2B/SS Orlando Cabrera
1B/3B Andy Laroche
OF Carlos Gomez
OF Chase Headley
OF Fred Lewis
OF Jeff Francoeur
OF Delmon Young
Util Ivan Rodriguez
Bench Adam Jones
Bench Brendan Harris
Bench
Bench

P Livan Hernandez
P Carlos Silva
P Daniel Cabrera
P Kyle Kendrick
P Johnny Cueto
P Joe Blanton
P Jason Bergmann
P Aaron Harang
P Edwin Jackson
Bench Fausto Carmona

It seems I'm banking a lot on people that used to be good sucking again like they did last year. No bouncebacks, please! Draft software was all whacked out, caused me to autodraft 2 people. I'm thinking I might have to drop Pacman, no matter how much I think his picture will guarantee success. I think he might get too many home runs. Billy Butler's probably my biggest starting concern, but 1B is really (un?)shallow. I think a guy like Jed Lowrie at 3B is a huge plus. And Old-Rod in my utility spot is sweet.
1st base is tough, I think Butler's a good pick with some up/downside. Old-Rod -- ha! -- is a great Utility guy. Your outfield is precarious. Frenchy, Young, Lewis, Headley, lots of guys with up/downside. Your pitching staff is great, really solid. To be able to have Livan and Silva, I'm a little jealous.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

cockyphoenix

Postby cockyphoenix » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:55 pm

well some of my picks (*) and a few other folks' got hijacked by ESPN (people there can witness that I almost had an aneurysm before we realized draft lite would fix it) so they might hit the waivers fast.

C Saltysomething
1B Willy Aybar
2B Akinori Iwamura
3B Chone Figgins
SS Jason Bartlett
MI Jack Wilson
CI Cody Ransom
OF Willy Taveras
OF Denard Span
OF Felix Pie
OF Aaron Rowand
OF Krispie Young*
UTIL Ryan Theriot
P Jon Garland
P Nate Robertson
P Luke Hochevar
P Radhames Liz
P Paul Maholm
P Miguel Batista
P Kenny Rogers*
P John Danks*
P Kevin Slowey*
BN
SS John McDonald*
OF Brian Anderson*
3B Kevin Kouzmanoff*
3B Alex Gordon*

Some of the random picks are probably going to stick. Both of those 3B really like to strike out, so if they don't like break out this year I'm fine. I'm conflicted on Krispie. His K's have been trending up, but so have all those scary "good" stats. Hrm
OCP... RCL #1

cockyphoenix

Postby cockyphoenix » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:00 am

left out Anthony Reyes
OCP... RCL #1

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:02 am

well some of my picks (*) and a few other folks' got hijacked by ESPN (people there can witness that I almost had an aneurysm before we realized draft lite would fix it) so they might hit the waivers fast.

C Saltysomething
1B Willy Aybar
2B Akinori Iwamura
3B Chone Figgins
SS Jason Bartlett
MI Jack Wilson
CI Cody Ransom
OF Willy Taveras
OF Denard Span
OF Felix Pie
OF Aaron Rowand
OF Krispie Young*
UTIL Ryan Theriot
P Jon Garland
P Nate Robertson
P Luke Hochevar
P Radhames Liz
P Paul Maholm
P Miguel Batista
P Kenny Rogers*
P John Danks*
P Kevin Slowey*
BN
SS John McDonald*
OF Brian Anderson*
3B Kevin Kouzmanoff*
3B Alex Gordon*

Some of the random picks are probably going to stick. Both of those 3B really like to strike out, so if they don't like break out this year I'm fine. I'm conflicted on Krispie. His K's have been trending up, but so have all those scary "good" stats. Hrm
Krispie's a risky one, if he hits 30 HRs and bats .260, he kills you. If he hits 20 HRs and .235, you're the Muppets taking over Manhattan. It hurts me to say, but I think Gordon's a decent pick. The good thing about these guys, if they start doing good, you drop them. Not like anyone else wants them. They're almost not good enough for regular leagues and not bad enough for this league. I hate the Danks pick. (I'm required to say that because I have him in an AL-Only league.) Overall, you have a really solid core group of no-nothings. You did good.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”