Drunk on upside?

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Drunk on upside?

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Might have overdosed on speed too...

1.5 Jose Reyes SS SteveL
2.20 Evan Longoria 3B SteveL
3.29 B.J. Upton OF SteveL
4.44 Matt Kemp OF SteveL
5.53 Alexei Ramirez 2B SteveL
6.68 Joey Votto 1B SteveL
7.77 Jermaine Dye OF SteveL
8.92 John Lackey SP SteveL
9.101 Joakim Soria RP SteveL
10.116 Felix Hernandez SP SteveL
11.125 Matt Cain SP SteveL
12.140 Delmon Young OF SteveL
13.149 Pablo Sandoval 1B SteveL
14.164 Matt Capps RP SteveL
15.173 Chris Young SP SteveL
16.188 Jered Weaver SP SteveL
17.197 Joey Devine RP SteveL
18.212 Trevor Hoffman RP SteveL
This IS my f**king outlet!

Grey

Re: Drunk on upside?

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:39 pm

1.5 Jose Reyes SS SteveL
2.20 Evan Longoria 3B SteveL
3.29 B.J. Upton OF SteveL
4.44 Matt Kemp OF SteveL
5.53 Alexei Ramirez 2B SteveL
6.68 Joey Votto 1B SteveL
7.77 Jermaine Dye OF SteveL
8.92 John Lackey SP SteveL
9.101 Joakim Soria RP SteveL
10.116 Felix Hernandez SP SteveL
11.125 Matt Cain SP SteveL
12.140 Delmon Young OF SteveL
13.149 Pablo Sandoval 1B SteveL
14.164 Matt Capps RP SteveL
15.173 Chris Young SP SteveL
16.188 Jered Weaver SP SteveL
17.197 Joey Devine RP SteveL
18.212 Trevor Hoffman RP SteveL
I think once you have Jose Reyes on your team, you probably don't need another 20+ steal guy and you have two, possibly three of them. I'd agree that there's a lot of upside on this team and if they were to all pan out you'd be sitting pretty, but there's always a lot of risk here. I do like your pitching staff a lot though.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Yeah - that Delmon pick was a bit dopey. I was thinking the Util spot is where you want a bit of upside, but already had more than enough of that and Nady might have been a better pick there.

Should I have perhaps gone Markakis instead of BJ?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah - that Delmon pick was a bit dopey. I was thinking the Util spot is where you want a bit of upside, but already had more than enough of that and Nady might have been a better pick there.

Should I have perhaps gone Markakis instead of BJ?
Eh... I don't know if Markakis there instead of Upton is necessarily going to fix everything. Just Longoria, Alexei, Kemp, Upton and Votto are all upside picks, so your team is pretty risky.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 pm

Went back and looked again and I should really have taken Carlos Lee with my second pick and then maybe BJ or Aramis with my third.
Oh well. Hadn't taken Longoria in a mock before. Just wanted to see where it would lead.

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 am

I should really have taken Carlos Lee with my second pick and then maybe BJ or Aramis with my third.
And if the top 100 had come out a day earlier (or I had done this draft a day later) I would have!

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:17 am

The top 20's been out there for a while already. (Insert winking emoticon)
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Jesus. Drunk on upside?
Just drunk, I think.

peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby peter » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Yeah - that Delmon pick was a bit dopey.
Don't be so hard on yourself; Delmon's a lock for 10 HR and 10 SB.

TBone

Postby TBone » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Felix, Cain and C. Young at 15 are sexy picks. ESPECIALLY, C. Young at 15...if only he went that late in every draft. But I'm a softy for pitching ;)

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”