What can I realistically get for Carlos Lee?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
flyinhawiianpizza

What can I realistically get for Carlos Lee?

Postby flyinhawiianpizza » Mon May 17, 2010 3:41 pm

10 team roto, roster in sig.

Looks like El Caballo's bat is totally dead. He's already started talking about retirement. I'd just like to take this moment to clear up how bitter I am that he's even on my team. I was literally on the phone with my girlfriend through the entire draft, and that pick was the only one where I got auto-drafted for not paying attention. The rest of my outfield is very stable with Kemp and Cruz as the anchors, and I'm still holding out hope Quentin picks it up at some point.

I hate selling guys low, but I'm not sure Carlos is going to bat any higher than .250 on the season and I'd be delighted if he finished with more than 20 homers. I'm set on starting pitching with Johan, Josh Johnson and Cole, and could probably use the most help at catcher and second base.
10 TEAM ROTO
C - J. Buck
1B - R. Howard
2B - A. Hill
3B - R. Zimmerman
SS - J. Reyes
MI - E. Andrus
CI - M. Young
OF - Kemp, Quentin, C. Lee, Cruz, Ordonez, Soriano
Util - Austin Jackson
DL - C. Beltran

SP - J. Santana, J. Johnson, C. Hamels, J. Peavy, C. Billingsly, J. Sanchez, S. Olsen, C.J. Wilson
RP - C. Marmol, J. Rauch, J. Contreras

memmelaar

Re: What can I realistically get for Carlos Lee?

Postby memmelaar » Mon May 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Maybe try to get Brian McCann...he has started out slow so you might be able to get him for less than 100% value. Try Lee for McCann.

rightwingjedi
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby rightwingjedi » Mon May 17, 2010 3:55 pm

I offered Carlos Pena and Gio Gonzalez and was laughed at, so I am not sure. Some owners are hanging on for dear life with him.

I would try to trade him for a buy low OF like Adam Jones or Grady to see what happens.

flyinhawiianpizza

Postby flyinhawiianpizza » Mon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I like both suggestions, but McCann a little more simply becuase I've already traded away Sizemore (for Cole Hamels and Quentin). I'm glad at least some owners are confident he'll turn it around because I certainly am not.

kangaroo hops

Postby kangaroo hops » Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 pm

I would hang on to him. I guess I'm a little more optimistic he'll turn it around. He is hitting some HRs now, anyway.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”