Do I trade Votto?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Atherton32

Do I trade Votto?

Postby Atherton32 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 am

I am in a 14 team 12x12 head to head keeper league. I have Votto for 2 more years. My OF is weak (BJ Upton, Krispie Young, Raburn, Tabata, FraGu). Do I trade Votto and Young (Upton) for Morneau and Matt Holliday. Holliday and Morneau have no keeper status currently. Any help would be great. My full roster is below.

C-Wieters, 1b-Votto, 2b-Kinsler, SS-A. Cabrera, 3B-Longoria, OF-see above, SP-Oswalt, Gallardo, Dempster, Volquez, RP-Rivera, Papelbon

Oregon Nut Cups

Re: Do I trade Votto?

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 am

No, you are getting older with that move AND Morneau has not proven he is over his concussion issues this Spring.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:35 am

Rotoworld is saying Morneau will make his spring debut today and hasn't shown concussion symptoms to this point, so maybe he's finally ready to go. In a vaccum i don't like this trade, but given your OF situation i could see making this move. Holliday isn't young but 31 isn't old and he's as consistent as any guy out there.

It's not without some risk but i would have to seriously consider pulling the trigger if he'll take BJ and you can keep Krispie.

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Following Grey's projected numbers:

Votto: .310/95/32/110/10
BJ Upton: .250/95/17/75/40

vs.

Holliday: .310/95/27/105/10
Morneau: .285/85/25/100/0

Looks like a fairly even trade if you follow those projections. Personally I'd add a bit to Votto's numbers, but regardless, it seems pretty even. The difference, for me, would be that Morneau very rarely puts together a full quality season:

April - 125 games .297 29 HR's 97 RBI .544 SLG
May - 172 games .320 41 HR's 140 RBI .592 SLG
June - 170 games .288 31 HR's 118 RBI .500 SLG
July - 163 games .306 39 HR's 125 RBI .574 SLG
August - 162 games .250 25 HR's 104 RBI .443 SLG
September - 150 games .250 16 HR's 92 RBI .413 SLG

That's over 8 seasons and 948 games, so it's a pretty good sample size. Morneau is a good hitter until August and September come around... He's barely mediocre at best after that. Personally, in a Head to Head League especially, and in a Keeper league especially, I want a guy that produces in the last two months of the season, not a guy that flops. Making the playoffs doesn't matter in an H2H league if your players go cold and you lose. Factor that in with the fact that Votto and Upton are both younger and thus still may have some improving to do, and it seems like it ultimately wouldn't really help you.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Atherton32

Postby Atherton32 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:51 am

Thank you everyone for the advice. I've been pretty torn about it but I think I'm going to stick with Votto mainly because my backup 1B is Berkman and if Morneau isn't 100% I'm screwed and I feel I can find a OF on waivers easier than a 1B since it is a 14 teams league.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”