Prince trade: trying be fair to both sides

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
PollardsVision

Prince trade: trying be fair to both sides

Postby PollardsVision » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:59 am

Just looking for some input on a trade. I'm trying to come up with something that really is good for both teams.

The current offer:
Receive: Prince Fielder
Send: Ian Kinsler, Ike Davis, Tyler Colvin, Aramis, Berkman, Jack Cust (He's a huge A's fan and Cust would be one of his better OF's)

League set-up: 11 player keeper, 14 player starting lineups, both teams out of the race for this season.

Reason it could be good for him:
"6 for 1"'s rarely make sense, but it might in this situation. We keep alot of players and have big lineups. He has a few good players (Prince, Holliday, Wright) and absolutely nothing else that anyone would be excited about keeping (after his big 3, his best players are Lind, Magglio, E.Aybar, Bourn, Byrd). Finding 8-9 quality batting keepers would be a real struggle for him. This is really just a keeper trade, so he'd be losing a big bopper in Prince to get a stud 2B (with obvious injury concerns) plus 2 good rookies that could turn out to be really good keepers. Aramis and Berkman are likely done, they might actually be keeper options for him if one has a good finish. Probably non-factors though.

For me, it's pretty simple. I have Utley and a ton of young talent. It's very likely I wouldn't be able to keep Davis and Colvin anyway, so I'd like to turn them into something. I probably wouldn't be able to keep Logan Morrison either, so I could throw him in to, to give the other guy 3 chances for a rookie keeper to pay-off.

After the proposed trade, my keepers would look like: Miggy, Utley, Prince, Ellsbury, Quentin, CBY, Delmon, Stanton, Alvarez, and Andrus, with final spot either being a pitcher, Logan Morrison, Brett Wallace, some other your call-up, depending on who has a big 2nd half. (I plan on rebuilding the whole pitching staff in the draft, which is possible in this league)

Any thoughts would be helpful. I'd like to make both of our teams better for next season.
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

chlenko

Re: Prince trade: trying be fair to both sides

Postby chlenko » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:46 am

I see how it makes sense for you but the other owner should be skeptical of a 6-for-1 deal. It will likely come down to the other owner's personality. It isn't a bad deal for him if he is increasing the value of his keepers but you might have you work cut-out for you trying to convince him of that.
14 team Dynasty league - '09/10/11/15 champ
C - Realmuto
1B - Olson
2B - Merrifield
3B - Donaldson
SS - Bogaerts
MI - Lindor
CI - G.Cooper
OF - Marte, E.Rosario, Castellanos, Buxton, Kipnis
UTIL - Dozier
BN - T.Shaw
DL - McCutchen, B.Rdogers
SP - DeGrom, Flaherty, Montas, Gibson, Anibal Sanchez, Miley
RP - Yates, Giles, Treinen, Hendricks, Robles, Buttrey
DL - Hill, Gausman
R-1B-2B-HR-RBI-SB-BB-K-AVG-OPS
W-L-QS-SV-K-ERA-WHIP-K/BB

PollardsVision

Re: Prince trade: trying be fair to both sides

Postby PollardsVision » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:30 am

Makes sense. I think Davis and Colvin are good pieces to have in a keeper, but it still feels like I'd be stealing Prince. From other owners, I wouldn't care, but this guy's in last and his team is struggling mightily (has for years). The last thing I want to do is take his most valuable piece without making it very worth it for him.

I know there's a deal here that makes sense, as he could really use a handful of guys to build around (his roster is below).
He's agreed in principal to this type of deal.

What about a combination of something like:
1. Kinsler
2. An OF bat that's both somewhat proven and young (1 of Delmon, CBY, or Quentin)
3. 1 solid, unspectacular prospect (Colvin, Ike Davis, or Logan Morrison)

and maybe
4. Stanton
5. A young SP with potential (Nolasco, Brett Anderson)

With the 1st trade, it really comes down to:
-Whether or not Kinsler can ever stay healthy. If healthy, it's a great trade.
-Just how good Davis and Colvin can be. They aren't can't miss, but they aren't chumps either.

(His Roster)
C Yadier Molina, StL C
1B Prince Fielder
2B Ryan Theriot,
3B David Wright
SS Everth Cabrera
2B/SS Erick Aybar
1B/3B Jeff Keppinger
IF Jason Bartlett
OF Matt Holliday
OF Michael Bourn
OF Ryan Ludwick
OF Seth Smith, Col OF
OF Coco Crisp, Oak OF
UTIL Marlon Byrd
SP Dan Haren
SP Matt Garza
SP Jonathan Sanchez
SP Clay Buchholz
SP Joel Pineiro
SP Derek Lowe
SP Johnny Cueto
SP Jon Garland
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Brian Fuente
RP Fernando Rodney
Bench Carlos Beltran
Bench Adam Lind
Bench Aaron Hill
Bench Brad Lidge
Bench Luis Castillo
Bench Ryan Sweeney
Bench Casey Kotchma
Bench Orlando Hudson
Bench David Eckstein
Bench Conor Jackson
DL Magglio Ordonez
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”