16 team Advice needed

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
KoolKeith14

16 team Advice needed

Postby KoolKeith14 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Just signed up for 16 team FFL and am completely intimidated. Looking for draft strategies, mock drafts (yahoo and espn have only 14 team mocks at most) and general advice.

League is set up with Yahoo! standand scoring and 16 spots (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)

Thanks,

K

jaywrong

Re: 16 team Advice needed

Postby jaywrong » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 am

Pretty broad question, but you're going to want to prioritize your WR and RB, but don't be afraid to grab a tier 2 or tier 3 QB if you start seeing them come off the board. Try to go with safer players, and in this sized league, drafting a defense in the last 6 or 7 rounds is probably wise, something I don't recommend in standard sized leagues.
Just signed up for 16 team FFL and am completely intimidated. Looking for draft strategies, mock drafts (yahoo and espn have only 14 team mocks at most) and general advice.

League is set up with Yahoo! standand scoring and 16 spots (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)

Thanks,

K
jaywrong
http://razzball.com/
@jaywrong for all your immediate Twitter fantasy needs.

KoolKeith14

Re: 16 team Advice needed

Postby KoolKeith14 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks Jay,
How do you define "safe player"? No few injuries? Reliable playing time, looks or touches? I love the tools Rudy has assembled on the baseball side, but I doubt something is like this for football.

Cheers,

K

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”