Arian Foster

News, Injuries, Rosters - All football all the time!
LMack
Sponsor
Sponsor

Arian Foster

Postby LMack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm not sure if he will be a "feature" back like everyone is expecting.

Slaton is still in the backfield, and although has ball security issues and wound up last year in Kubiak's doghouse, he is only 2 years detached from getting 268 carries. Slaton does have the toe injury, but will return eventually. As the primary pass catcher out of that backfield, the feel is that the 3rd down role is Slaton's.
Derrick Ward was signed to a one year deal in the offense. Ward isn't a huge threat to Foster's value, but he could prove enough of a nuisance to knock him down a notch.

Gary Kubiak also isn't a one back kind of coach
Kubiak’s offenses always have been based on balance. The Broncos’ running game focused around a strong system instead of an individual. Broncos runners topped the 1,000-yard rushing mark 10 seasons out of 11 during Kubiak's tenure. Denver saw five different runners rush for more than 1,000 yards, more than any team in the NFL over that 11-year period.

Gary Kubiak profile page on the Houston Texans' website (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=25)
The Texans are primarily a pass first offense, passing on over 58% of their plays last year. As long as Schaub and AJ are in town, that will remain the case. However, when it comes to the ground game, Kubiak has been somewhat predictable in his RBBC tendency in his past.
As the HC in Texas over the past three years, split of carries: 131/101/79/54 in 2009, 268/74/26/31 in 2008, 194/70/58/20 in 2007
To me, 08 and 09 in Texas look like his extreme's. I could see a close to 2007 split, with Foster getting the ~200 carries.

dsf

Re: Arian Foster

Postby dsf » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Kubiak is a madman and I don't trust him. I'm staying far away from Houston RBs.

FantasyJunkie787
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby FantasyJunkie787 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 pm

HA! Turf toe's which is what slaton has is an injury that lingers throughout the whole season, Foster is #1 and will be a top 10 back, by season's end. Picks like this kid are the one's that win you leagues, when you can skip picking a RB in the middle rounds or top rounds and get a WR, it helps out a lot, this kid is the real deal

havok

Postby havok » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:02 pm

This kid's stock has soared so high he's actually being overdrafted. I'm avoiding at this point because I'm seeing him go ahead of too many more reliable, but possibly less upside picks. His ADP has moved up 2 rounds in under 2 weeks.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

"The worst thing that can happen to a gambler is to win."

"When you bet on a dog only three things can happen; two of them are good."

Follow all my tweeting nonsense @TheRealestDan

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 am

So... How about that featured back problem?

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

havok

Postby havok » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 am

I dunno... 230 yards, 3 TD's. I've seen better.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

"The worst thing that can happen to a gambler is to win."

"When you bet on a dog only three things can happen; two of them are good."

Follow all my tweeting nonsense @TheRealestDan

Pacochu

Postby Pacochu » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:54 pm

The guy has one good week. This is Kubiak. He'll bench a guy for the game if he fumbles on his first carry. He will be a very good running back this season, but I guess it all depends on the definition of "feature back".

12 Team, Non-PPR, Standard scoring, bonuses for yardage totals
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, Def, K

Brady, Tannehill
A. Peterson, R. Mathews, P. Thomas, F. Jackson, D. Sproles
A. Jeffrey, P. Garcon, K. Wright, B. Cooks, H. Nicks, G. Jennings
G. Olsen
Novak
Streamer Def - Currently NYJ

logan81901

Postby logan81901 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Just trade Foster while his stock was high. In a 12 team ppr league. Had Rivers, Gore, JC, Best, Miles Austin and Zack Miller at TE. Was using Foster as a backup on my bench. Traded Miles Austin, Arian Foster and Gresham for Adrian Peterson and Steve Smith Carolina. Can go with 3 RB and 1 WR in this league. Get 1 pt for every 8 yards rushing. My line up is now QB- Rivers RB- Peterson, Gore, Charles (with Best to fill in), WR- Steve Smith (Car). If I dont win this league something is wrong. Had a guy tell me I gave up too much... dont know how you can say that.
16 team roto keeper league
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, W, K, S, HLD, ERA, WHIP
16 players must be kept each year
Keep as long as you want
1500 inning limit
162 games per position

C- Wilson Ramos
1st- Freddie Freeman
2nd- Gyorko
3rd- Miggy
SS- E Cabrera
INF- Chris Davis
LF- Brett Gardner
CF- Andrew McCutchen
RF-
OF-
UT-A Beltre

SP- Matt Cain
SP- Madison Bumgarner
SP- Julio Teheran
RP- Grant Balfour
RP- Sergio Romo
RP-
P- Shelby Miller
P-
P-
BN- Miguel Sano
BN-
BN-
BN-
BN-
BN-

LMack
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LMack » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 am

I don't think Matt Schaub will be as bad as he was this Sunday for the rest of the year. He had 17 pass attempts, and only managed 9 completions. I definitely think the Texans went towards the run early when Schaub struggled and Foster shined, but I'm not sure it will always be like that.

Foster came into the half with 10 rushes for 40 yards, and 1 reception for 7 yards. Schaub was 6 of 12 with an average YPA. In the second half, the passing game went silent, with Schaub throwing the ball only 5 times in the second half. Consequently, Foster then went on to get 23 carries in the 2nd half. I expect 23 carries would be more likely a full game's work than a half for Foster.

Foster is a talented running back and a fun player to watch. After today, I fear no competition from any other back in his backfield, even if Slaton becomes healthy. However, I think Houston will still remain a pass-first offense. Schaub average 36 attempts and just shy of 300 yards last year. I expect Foster to have his carries cut in to.

Return to “Football - General Player Discussion”