LOGIN

As the first month of the season winds down, it’s time to finally look in on our Fantasy Razzball leagues to see how well our participants are doing at sucking.

For those unfamiliar with ‘Fantasy Razzball’, it’s a fantasy baseball variation where you aim to manage the worst team possible.  (See here for rules).  We expanded from one Blogger league last year (won by me – suck it Grey) to 6 10-team divisions:  3 blogger leagues and 3 commenter divisions (note:  we may actually have some satellite leagues – need to check on this).  We then compile a total standings based on each team’s total points and an index based on league performance (basically, it’s total points of league divided by average league points).

The standings can be found here.  For future reference, we have a link to this page in our Razzball Leagues section in the top left of the homepage.

Big shout-out to the top 3 so far:

1) Mike Podhorzer of FantasyPros911.com

2) Grey Albright of Razzball

3) Freak of the Razzball Commenters

27 and rising) Rudy Gamble of Razzball (still smarting from Brandon Inge and Marco Scutaro’s hot starts)

As part of these standings posts, I’m going to throw a few shout-outs to the participating blogs.  We appreciate them putting their reputations on the line to compete against bloggers and commenters in our little masochistic game.  Here it goes:

Jonathan Halket of THT Fantasy Focus – Jonathan writes for The Hardball Times’ Fantasy Baseball section and currently is leading the Jose Lima Division (of which I am in).  Definitely some strong content throughout that whole site – ranging from very statistical to smart but entertaining (e.g., Shysterball).  From his post-article bio that states “Jonathan Halket is graduate student in New York”, I have learned two things:  1) Jonathan Halket is in graduate school and 2) He is not studying English.

Paul Moro of UmpBumpPaul Moro of UmpBump – Paul is one of a stable of awesome bloggers at what would’ve been Billy Martin’s second favorite blog after Razzball (Billy would’ve appreciated Grey’s ‘stache).  Rather than copy/paste his whole bio, I figured I’d just copy his picture and give you the link to his bio.  If you’re a baseball fan beyond the fantasy aspect, definitely check out this site.

Cory Humes of MVN – Cory – who is also in my FantasyPros911 NL Blogger league – has a leg up on everyone in this game as he’s a diehard Pirates fan.  Cory’s too busy overseeing MVN these days to post some entries on Pirates Revolution but I’m looking forward to his coverage of the Pirates’ inevitable Razztastic slide this year.

That’s it for now.  We’ll try to keep these standings updates posts coming every 2 weeks and update the standings at least that often.  We’ll change the date on the standings page when we update it.