FA pickups

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
KungFuPanda

FA pickups

Postby KungFuPanda » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 am

Good day,

Some questions about players who are Free Agents.

My 2B/SS situation is: Asdrubal Cabrera, Alcides Escobar and Ian Kinsler. Last one comes back soon.
Should I hold on Escobar? Actually I doesn't want to rush in adds/drops but I could add Kendrick for Escobar, or even Theriot while he's still hot? I believe in Escobar though and in Grey's great reports it always says "Stolen bases will come" and so on.

I have Penny and Masterson. After Penny's outing this season, I should keep him or? It's actually only Masterson who I can drop from my pitchers (even though the rest is playing worse like Peavy or Billingsley, Hamels...not my only pitchers, don't be scared, heh. At least I have Carpenter or Kershaw aswell.).
Now I'm not sure if I should add a batter, well, OF (A.Jackson, Byrd, Colvin, Morgan, Maybin, Soriano... => I have J.Upton, Lind, Rios, Headley, Borbon) or pitcher (Braden, Carmona, Scherzer, Wolf this week?, Niemann and maybe even Floyd? He's struggling so far but should rebounce one day).

I think it should be a pitcher. ERA/WHIP needs to go down.

What about Madson? Worth keeping him, specially if Lidge comes back end of this week? Or drop him for Lidge soon or another Pitcher right now (could pickup 2 of the guys I said)? Other RP's are Bailey, Nunez and Gonzalez on DL...

Thanks!!

Grey

Re: FA pickups

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:48 am

Good day,

Some questions about players who are Free Agents.

My 2B/SS situation is: Asdrubal Cabrera, Alcides Escobar and Ian Kinsler. Last one comes back soon.
Should I hold on Escobar? Actually I doesn't want to rush in adds/drops but I could add Kendrick for Escobar, or even Theriot while he's still hot? I believe in Escobar though and in Grey's great reports it always says "Stolen bases will come" and so on.

I have Penny and Masterson. After Penny's outing this season, I should keep him or? It's actually only Masterson who I can drop from my pitchers (even though the rest is playing worse like Peavy or Billingsley, Hamels...not my only pitchers, don't be scared, heh. At least I have Carpenter or Kershaw aswell.).
Now I'm not sure if I should add a batter, well, OF (A.Jackson, Byrd, Colvin, Morgan, Maybin, Soriano... => I have J.Upton, Lind, Rios, Headley, Borbon) or pitcher (Braden, Carmona, Scherzer, Wolf this week?, Niemann and maybe even Floyd? He's struggling so far but should rebounce one day).

I think it should be a pitcher. ERA/WHIP needs to go down.

What about Madson? Worth keeping him, specially if Lidge comes back end of this week? Or drop him for Lidge soon or another Pitcher right now (could pickup 2 of the guys I said)? Other RP's are Bailey, Nunez and Gonzalez on DL...

Thanks!!
Don't bother keeping Alcides once Kinsler returns. Then didn't understand the rest of your post... "I have Penny and Masterson. After Penny's outing this season, I should keep him or? It's actually only Masterson who I can drop from my pitchers"

Huh?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

KungFuPanda

Postby KungFuPanda » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Okay, just like having a 2nd guy who can play 2B/SS which I would have with Alcides.

Well, I meant that I have Penny and Masterson on my team. Penny did well yet. So I shouldn't drop him, or? But I will drop Masterson.
Now the question is: who comes in? One of the batter or pitcher I wrote. Which is your favorite there?

And what about Madson? If I keep him till end of this week. Should I add Lidge, stay with Madson or just drop him for another RP/SP?

CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby CarlWeathers » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:17 pm

You may need a program called Rosetta Stone firstly. But anyways, take Greys advice (obviously) and then go ahead and drop Masterson for either Austin Jackson or Scherzer if you want. But I would hold onto Madson and add Lidge when you drop Masterson.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”