Catcher situation

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
cygar13

Catcher situation

Postby cygar13 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 am

Hello Grey-

I have a catcher question for you. Normally starting catchers catch approx. 130-140 games a season. I have Wieters as my only catcher. I am in a 5x5, 12 team league. You recommend having only 1 catcher on your roster, but wouldn't it be smart to draft a nerd catcher with your last pick just so you don't lose 20-30 games at that position? Why not draft a guy like Lou Marson or Adam Moore just to soak up those games that Wieters doesn't play? Or would I just be better off not getting that extra 5-10 RBI, R for the season if it kills my BA. Would like to hear your answer. Thanks.

Grey

Re: Catcher situation

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:01 am

Hello Grey-

I have a catcher question for you. Normally starting catchers catch approx. 130-140 games a season. I have Wieters as my only catcher. I am in a 5x5, 12 team league. You recommend having only 1 catcher on your roster, but wouldn't it be smart to draft a nerd catcher with your last pick just so you don't lose 20-30 games at that position? Why not draft a guy like Lou Marson or Adam Moore just to soak up those games that Wieters doesn't play? Or would I just be better off not getting that extra 5-10 RBI, R for the season if it kills my BA. Would like to hear your answer. Thanks.
It's a waste of space on your roster. What's Marson going to do for 30 games? Hit one homer and knock in 5 RBIs?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

zacand14

Re: Catcher situation

Postby zacand14 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Grey is right. Use one catcher, just try to get the best one you can get. However, if for some reason there is a good catcher, like everyone passed on Soto or Martin coming off a bad year, then maybe one of them could be your second catcher/backup.

One catcher situation this question makes me wonder about : Colorado

If you are considering carrying 2 catchers anyway, then why not wait until the last two rounds of your draft ( or close, as Olivo has been selected late in some leagues) then draft Miguel Olivo and Chris Iannetta? If you don't mind watching the lineups every day then you will be able to get every stat offered by a Colorado Rockies backstop at Coors.

Again, I agree with Grey overall. Don't roster 2 catchers, but if you want to, here's an idea.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”