Decisions , decisions.

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
d2bnz
Sponsor
Sponsor

Decisions , decisions.

Postby d2bnz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:58 pm

This is a team I've picked up on a discount and feel it has posibilities , but I've got to reduce player numbers to 14 by February. 12 team 5x5 roto

Olivo, Miguel C
Jones, Garrett 1B PIT
Callaspo, Alberto 2B KC
Youkilis, Kevin 1B BOS
Cabrera, Asdrubal SS CLE
Stewart, Ian 3B COL
Prado, Martin 2B ATL
Bruce, Jay RF CIN
Gardner, Brett CF NYY
Gonzalez, Carlos OF COL
Pence, Hunter RF HOU
Rasmus, Colby CF STL
Lopez, Felipe 2B MIL

Active Pitchers
Bell, Heath RP SD
Davis, Wade SP TB
Hochevar, Luke SP KC
Jackson, Edwin SP DET
Johnson, Josh SP FLA
Lilly, Ted SP CHC
Richard, Clayton SP SD
Wainwright, Adam SP STL
Wood, Kerry RP CLE

Reserves
Wallace, Brett 3B
Desmond, Ian SS WAS
Allen, Brandon 1B ARI
Blanks, Kyle RF SD
Jones, Adam CF BAL
Velez, Eugenio 2B SF

would appreciate your input

Grey

Re: Decisions , decisions.

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:12 pm

This is a team I've picked up on a discount and feel it has possibilities , but I've got to reduce player numbers to 14 by February. 12 team 5x5 roto

Olivo, Miguel C
Jones, Garrett 1B PIT
Callaspo, Alberto 2B KC
Youkilis, Kevin 1B BOS
Cabrera, Asdrubal SS CLE
Stewart, Ian 3B COL
Prado, Martin 2B ATL
Bruce, Jay RF CIN
Gardner, Brett CF NYY
Gonzalez, Carlos OF COL
Pence, Hunter RF HOU
Rasmus, Colby CF STL
Lopez, Felipe 2B MIL

Active Pitchers
Bell, Heath RP SD
Davis, Wade SP TB
Hochevar, Luke SP KC
Jackson, Edwin SP DET
Johnson, Josh SP FLA
Lilly, Ted SP CHC
Richard, Clayton SP SD
Wainwright, Adam SP STL
Wood, Kerry RP CLE

Reserves
Wallace, Brett 3B
Desmond, Ian SS WAS
Allen, Brandon 1B ARI
Blanks, Kyle RF SD
Jones, Adam CF BAL
Velez, Eugenio 2B SF

would appreciate your input
So you can keep anyone up to 14 players with no restrictions? And must keep 14? I'm going on that both of those answers are yes. Youkilis, Jay Bruce, Carlos Gonzalez, Pence, Rasmus, Ian Stewart, Asrubal, Adam Jones, Wainwright, Lilly, Jackson, Josh Johnson, Wade Davis and Garrett Jones.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

d2bnz
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby d2bnz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:05 am

14 no restrictions is correct , and a max of 14

I have a trade offer in already, surprise

My Adam Wainwright for their Derek Jeter
Given that you always seem like getting a bat for a pitcher I'm thinking you'll like that one

and a second one just in
My Kevin Youkilis for his Matt Cain and Billy Butler, Hmmmm

Thanks for confirming 14 players by the way , I had one player different in Ian Stewart , I was prepared to carry another pitcher.....

Grimlock

Postby Grimlock » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:05 am

My guess is that Grey will tell you not to even consider the Jeter offer. In a 1 year league, maybe, but in long-term keeper (and at 14 keepers, you're bordering on a dynasty league) no chance in hell. Derek Jeter is 47.5 years old, and you're not going to compete for the championship in the next couple of seasons with that team.

The other trade is probably a good one, though, from my perspective. Youklis doesn't have a whole lot of tread left on his tires, while both Cain and Butler are just entering their primes. Obviously the other owner really wants the Yook. I'd try to see if I can milk a bit more young talent out of the deal without insulting him, but would take what's already offered if he won't budge. See if he's interested in Ted Lilly, who's also not getting any younger. With the roster you've got, you really need to gear your team to be competitive in 2-3 years' time, not in 2010.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:00 am

I agree with Grimlock.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

d2bnz
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby d2bnz » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:06 pm

Thank you grimlock & Grey

Your perspective is certainly different to what I was thinking

I must obviously read more of what is published on Razzball and familiarise myself with the tactics which appear to be so much more complicated than basketball.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”