Pick Three Keepers

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
RockChalk

Pick Three Keepers

Postby RockChalk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I only get to keep three players. League has an innings pitched limit at 1800, which is the only reason I list the SP below. I normally would not keep an SP, but this has changed how I view SP. I sold the ranch to try and win it all and that is why you will see a long list of players that are not in that elite tier. I am having a hard time deciding between them all. Thanks for picking three.

J. Upton
Crawford
Ethier
Phillips
Roberts
Granderson
Soriano
Ar. Ramirez
M. Young
Votto

Carpenter
Sabathia
Beckett
Lackey
Webb

generic

Re: Pick Three Keepers

Postby generic » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 pm

I'd go Crawford and Carpenter to begin with... the 3rd one is pretty difficult.

Personally, I love Justin Upton and think he only gets better. So as a bit of a wild card, I'd go with him 3rd.

Grimlock

Postby Grimlock » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:33 am

Upton, Votto, Crawford...done.

The only one of the pitchers I would even consider keeping from this group is Sabathia, but even then, no. Carpenter over any of the three hitters above (or even Granderson) is just crazy talk. Chris Carpenter is a 34 year old pitcher with a fairly long injury history. If you're thinking about keeping him over any of those hitters, check your head.

Bake McBride

Postby Bake McBride » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:18 am

Crawford and Upton for sure. Personally, I'd rather have C.C. (or is it CC, sans periods?) than anyone else on your roster, so he'd be my third keeper.

He's the No. 1 starter for the Yankees. They score a lot of runs so he'll get you a lot of wins, not to mention the strike outs. He's still pretty young so I think he'd be a great keeper.

youngid

Postby youngid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:48 am

Keep Sabathia over Votto. First base is deep.

RockChalk

Postby RockChalk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:03 pm

You would keep Carpenter over Sabathia? My concerns are Yankee stadium is a launching pad and Carp is an injury risk. I do like CC's team and solid all-around numbers, but I also like Carp because of his team and the fact he pitches in the NL. Not sure if you include Beckett into this mix, but he fits many of the same pros and cons as Sabathia.

What about 2B, which is not as deep a position? Roberts seems to developed some consistency and Phillips has 20+/20+ capabilities which is difficult to find at any position.

I really like Votto's upside, but think I could re-draft him in round 5 or so if I really wanted him.

I also like Granderson's 20+/20+ capabilities, but don't really want to keep three OF.

I am leaning towards Crawford and Upton, but would like to get more people's opinions and why. Thanks.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 pm

I only get to keep three players. League has an innings pitched limit at 1800, which is the only reason I list the SP below. I normally would not keep an SP, but this has changed how I view SP. I sold the ranch to try and win it all and that is why you will see a long list of players that are not in that elite tier. I am having a hard time deciding between them all. Thanks for picking three.

J. Upton
Crawford
Ethier
Phillips
Roberts
Granderson
Soriano
Ar. Ramirez
M. Young
Votto

Carpenter
Sabathia
Beckett
Lackey
Webb
Crawford, Upton then you can flip a coin from a few players. I'd probably just go with CC (it is sans periods). You'd have a solid outfield and an ace going into the draft. You can get a #2 and #3 starter in the draft (after, of course, you draft some power from your corners). CC is more reliable than Carpenter.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”