Offseason 2019

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
baseballnorth

Offseason 2019

Postby baseballnorth » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:57 am

Grey, it was a good year, my bats were incredible, but my pitching was junk. Disappointment from Sale and Kluber really set me back.

I am trying to get a good sense of what to do with my 8 keeper slots next year:

Devers, Treat Urner, and Soto form my core. I may keep Sale just to have one SP within the first 130 players kept.

I then have JD, Blackmon, Cruz, Santana, and Bell. They are all very similar in profile with Blackmon being more Run slanted and the others being more RBI.

I would like to try and add a bit more speed to my team so i am not chasing as much later.

I believe the order for those bats outside my core in keeper value would be:
- Bell, JD, Blackmon, Cruz, Santana...would it be worth it for me to try and move Bell and/or JD to try and get some more speed into my core? That may allow me to hold on to Cruz and Santana as undervalued bats?
16 tm 6x6 (OBP HDS) roto keep 8 + 1 player who exceeded rookie eligibility in previous season

C:
1B: Bell/Santana
2B:
3B: Devers
SS: Trea Turner
LF: Juan Soto
CF: Blackmon
RF: JD Martinez/Blackmon
UT: Cruz

Other keeper considerations: Chris Sale, Corey Kluber, Jose Berrios, Dee Gordon

Grey

Re: Offseason 2019

Postby Grey » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:51 am

Grey, it was a good year, my bats were incredible, but my pitching was junk. Disappointment from Sale and Kluber really set me back.

I am trying to get a good sense of what to do with my 8 keeper slots next year:

Devers, Treat Urner, and Soto form my core. I may keep Sale just to have one SP within the first 130 players kept.

I then have JD, Blackmon, Cruz, Santana, and Bell. They are all very similar in profile with Blackmon being more Run slanted and the others being more RBI.

I would like to try and add a bit more speed to my team so i am not chasing as much later.

I believe the order for those bats outside my core in keeper value would be:
- Bell, JD, Blackmon, Cruz, Santana...would it be worth it for me to try and move Bell and/or JD to try and get some more speed into my core? That may allow me to hold on to Cruz and Santana as undervalued bats?
That order seems fine... I'd try to move Bell, maybe Trea? Mondesi? Someone like that...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

baseballnorth

Postby baseballnorth » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:45 am

You would consider a Turner for Mondesi swap?
16 tm 6x6 (OBP HDS) roto keep 8 + 1 player who exceeded rookie eligibility in previous season

C:
2B:

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:31 am

Nah, saying who I'd trade Bell for, sorry, missed Turner above in your for-sures... I wouldn't trade for another huge steals guy if I had Turner... Maybe like a Springer type with Bell?
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

baseballnorth

Postby baseballnorth » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:07 am

That makes sense.

Our league has specific OF slots. It looks like Blackmon and JD will both be RF only next year. If I hold Cruz he has to go to the utility slot.

Would a Blackmon or JD for Merrifield trade be a terrible idea. I know his Sb are down and don’t think he will top 30 again but a 15/20 type 2B bat could still be helpful I think.

I know that as soon as guys hit 30 he is viewed as old and undesirable in this league.

C:
2B:

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 am

That makes sense.

Our league has specific OF slots. It looks like Blackmon and JD will both be RF only next year. If I hold Cruz he has to go to the utility slot.

Would a Blackmon or JD for Merrifield trade be a terrible idea. I know his Sb are down and don’t think he will top 30 again but a 15/20 type 2B bat could still be helpful I think.

I know that as soon as guys hit 30 he is viewed as old and undesirable in this league.
Not terrible but I think you can do better... If you must, I think Blackmon more over the hill than JD, but Merrifield is pushing up there in age too...
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”