Pitching & Concerns With Offense

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Pitching & Concerns With Offense

Postby LadyScorpio » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi Grey!

Today marks 1 full week of baseball and I am truly at a loss for where I am in my league's standings!!! Thanks to the pitch-slapping that I got from Gibson, Mikolas and Stripling my pitching stats are in the toilet!! I politely dropped Gibson and Mikolas for F. Peralta and M. Boyd. I am REALLY hoping that those moves pay off!! Meanwhile, when you saw my draft results, you said, "I like your hitting a lot, it is very strong... Your pitching looks a little low on Ks, wins, just starters in general... It's a very risky pitching staff... But should be fixable..." With that said, please let me know if you think my pitching squad has been fixed or if it requires MORE fixing.

(10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league with Runs, RBIs, HRs, SBs, AVG, OPS, Wins, Ks, ERA, WHIP, K/BB & Saves+Holds)

Draft results:
SP - Bieber, Lucchesi, Mikolas, Stripling & Strahm
RP - Colome, Familia, Knebel, Oh, Pressly, W. Smith & Treinen

Current Pitching:
SP - Bieber, Boyd, Burnes, Lucchesi, Peralta, Stripling, Strahm & F. Whitley (N/A)
RP - Colome, J. James, Pressly, W. Smith & Treinen

So far, no one in my league is dominating wins or ERA for that matter. However, someone already has nearly 100 Ks compared to my mere 56!!! Hoping that Strahm and Stripling's last starts are hiccups. DON'T WANT to drop either of them but will watch Strahm closely to see what he does vs the Cards...NOT expecting much. Especially HATE to think of him as droppable! Meanwhile, if you think that I still have room for improvement, the following SPs are available: Rodon, Alcantara, J. Lopez, Pineda, Eflin, C. Smith, T. Thornton, T. Williams, Musgrove, M. Gonzalez, J. Gray, Matz & Desclafani. Please advise on whom to add/drop.

Lastly, my offense of studs is so far a bunch of duds!! They're NOT hitting!!! Only 8 HRs and 33 RBI?!? WHAT is THAT?!? Whom I should cut/trade?

C - Mejia (Padres seldom start him, not really rosterable)
1B - Rizzo
2B - McNeil
SS - Tatis
3B - Machado
CI - C. Walker
MI - Shaw
OF - Acuna, Dahl, Eloy & Trout
U - Ketel & ???
IL - Andujar, D. Murphy & Wendle (ALL injured)

Please advise. REALLY concerned about my team and REALLY want to win this year!!!!!

Thanks,
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Pitching & Concerns With Offense

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:52 am

Hi Grey!

Today marks 1 full week of baseball and I am truly at a loss for where I am in my league's standings!!! Thanks to the pitch-slapping that I got from Gibson, Mikolas and Stripling my pitching stats are in the toilet!! I politely dropped Gibson and Mikolas for F. Peralta and M. Boyd. I am REALLY hoping that those moves pay off!! Meanwhile, when you saw my draft results, you said, "I like your hitting a lot, it is very strong... Your pitching looks a little low on Ks, wins, just starters in general... It's a very risky pitching staff... But should be fixable..." With that said, please let me know if you think my pitching squad has been fixed or if it requires MORE fixing.

(10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league with Runs, RBIs, HRs, SBs, AVG, OPS, Wins, Ks, ERA, WHIP, K/BB & Saves+Holds)

Draft results:
SP - Bieber, Lucchesi, Mikolas, Stripling & Strahm
RP - Colome, Familia, Knebel, Oh, Pressly, W. Smith & Treinen

Current Pitching:
SP - Bieber, Boyd, Burnes, Lucchesi, Peralta, Stripling, Strahm & F. Whitley (N/A)

So far, no one in my league is dominating wins or ERA for that matter. However, someone already has nearly 100 Ks compared to my mere 56!!! Hoping that Strahm and Stripling's last starts are hiccups. DON'T WANT to drop either of them but will watch Strahm closely to see what he does vs the Cards...NOT expecting much. Especially HATE to think of him as droppable! Meanwhile, if you think that I still have room for improvement, the following SPs are available: Rodon, Alcantara, J. Lopez, Pineda, Eflin, C. Smith, T. Thornton, T. Williams, Musgrove, M. Gonzalez, J. Gray, Matz & Desclafani. Please advise on whom to add/drop.

Lastly, my offense of studs is so far a bunch of duds!! They're NOT hitting!!! Only 8 HRs and 33 RBI?!? WHAT is THAT?!? Whom I should cut/trade?

C - Mejia (Padres seldom start him, not really rosterable)
1B - Rizzo
2B - McNeil
SS - Tatis
3B - Machado
CI - C. Walker
MI - Shaw
OF - Acuna, Dahl, Eloy & Trout
U - Ketel & ???
IL - Andujar, D. Murphy & Wendle (ALL injured)

Please advise. REALLY concerned about my team and REALLY want to win this year!!!!!

Thanks,
LadyScorpio
Are you missing a UTIL bat or is that a bench spot next to Ketel? I tend to think your hitting will come around, or at least be patient on it -- Shaw, Eloy, Machado and Dahl haven't even started hitting yet

I like your pitching a bit more, but it's still risky -- Strahm has real concerns -- I'd try Musgrove over him
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Pitching & Concerns With Offense Pt. 2

Postby LadyScorpio » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 am

Hello again,

Thanks SO MUCH for your reply!! Means a WHOLE LOT!!!!! Yes, there is an open spot for a Util bat. Was thinking about adding S.Brito there (after reading your daily post). Thoughts? Other options for Util available are: Guzman, Renfroe, Healy, Kiermaier, Bruce, Goodrum, L. Garcia & Y. Diaz. Also, if I add Brito/another Util player, I'll HAVE TO DROP a SP. You recommended dropping Strahm for Musgrove. Unfortunately, I CAN'T add both Musgrove and Brito. Who else among my SPs do you think I should drop or should I just drop Strahm and add a Util?

Please advise.

Thanks SO MUCH!!
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Pitching & Concerns With Offense

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:00 am

Yandy
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”