Am I Overreacting To Opening Day Performances?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Am I Overreacting To Opening Day Performances?

Postby LadyScorpio » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 am

Hi Grey!

Opening Day 2019 was definitely interesting, huh? LOTS of players unexpectedly went off while others were colder than glaciers. Regardless, I am now feeling uncomfortable with some of the moves I made prior to Opening Day. I dropped Bader and am filled with anguish about it. :oops: After reading your sleeper post on him, I drafted him. I dropped him after reading this on Rotoballer.com: "Basically, this dude cannot hit anything thrown by a right-hander, and it seems unlikely that things will improve in 2019, especially considering those trends were present throughout his time in the minor leagues as well." Also, Rotoworld.com had this to say: "Unfortunately, Bader still figures to hit at the bottom of the Cardinals order during the regular season, which will cut into his opportunities to run. Perhaps he could get a look as a No. 2 hitter at some point. He's not a great bet for fantasy purposes while hitting at the bottom of the Cardinals lineup."

Well, Bader faced Chacin...a RHP and crushed the ball into space!!!! PLUS, he hit in the 8th spot!!! So much for Rotoballer and Rotoworld's crap predictions, huh?!? Granted, that was just 1 at bat for Bader and the season has just begun. Do you think I'm overreacting to Bader's performance on Opening Day? Am I panicking over dropping him for nothing?!? I realize that 1 HR DOES NOT make a player's season. Still, I'm in anguish over dropping him. He won't be available to grab off of waivers until tomorrow and I doubt he'll be available. Should I add him back??? Plus, Mikolas got shredded!! Should I drop him or hold him? :? UGH!!! HELP!!!

10 team, roto, 6x6, keeper league with Runs, RBIs, HRs, SBs, AVG, OPS, Wins, Ks, ERA, WHIP, K/BB & SV+H

Meanwhile, my current team is as follows:

C - Mejia
1B - Rizzo
2B - D. Murphy
SS - Tatis
3B - Machado
CI - Shaw
MI - McNeil
OF - Trout, Acuna, Dahl & Eloy
U - Andujar & K. Marte (dropped Bader for him)
BN - Wendle
SP - Bieber, Lucchesi, Mikolas, Strahm, Stripling & Woodruff
RP - Colome, Pressly, W. Smith, Strickland & Treinen
NA - Whitley (dropped Oh for him)

I honestly thought that Ketel was a better investment than Bader for the full season. But what if I'm wrong?!? Man, I can't believe I'm SOOOO freaked out!! It was just 1 game out of 162!!!! Please advise.

Thanks,
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

A2K
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Am I Overreacting To Opening Day Performances?

Postby A2K » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:36 pm

I used to be where you are.
Rotoworld is ok for updates, crapola for insight.
I try to look at a lot of different rankings and generate a composite assessment of players.
Having said that:
Rotoballer, I know nothing about, but when it comes to forward thinking opinions, Razzball is where it's at.
In Grey We Trust

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:45 am

You dropped him after reading something somewhere else?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

I Apologize

Postby LadyScorpio » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello Grey,

I'm ashamed to admit that yes, I dropped Hader after reading something somewhere else. 2 other fantasy sites to be exact. I regret that IMMENSELY :oops: and I apologize PROFUSELY!!! I thought that Ketel would be better for my team for the long term. He has as of yet to show signs of doing anything...albeit, we're just 3 days into the season. Again, I apologize. As of this writing, Hader is available. I can drop Ketel and put Hader back in my lineup. Would you recommend that I do that? I hope that my being honest about the moves that I made hasn't destroyed our camaraderie.

Again I apologize emphatically for my mistake. I do trust your advice, Grey. I have asked you for your insight during MORE fantasy seasons than I can count. I made an honest mistake that I won't EVER repeat!!! In Grey, I will steadfastly trust!!

Sincerely,
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:53 am

Haha, it's okay, don't sweat it
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”