PTS league - rankings? draft position?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
blakeas

PTS league - rankings? draft position?

Postby blakeas » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:32 pm

I am torn - I like Grey's insight but I am using the pts league spreadsheet that Mahoney put out. However, my pts league has a very different settings than Mahoney's so the analysis is a little different. But his basic analysis is it is ok to draft buster posey high because his disparity in pts with the 2nd catcher is so much higher than say a comparable 1st basemen to the next 1st baseman. plus he advocates drafting the top 10 pitchers early. However, as grey indicates. I can find a lower tier pitcher that will probably have the same amount of K's and with a little luck have the same amount of W's as some of those top pitchers and be fine. Also, should I just draft based on overall pts and not position scarcity? I have a U slot so drafting something like Stanton, Bautistia, A Gordon, Dozier, E longoria and then a C hamels make sense doesn't it if those 1st 5 have the most pts based on my rankings on when I draft right? just don't feel comfortable with the Mahoney FVARs theory. Anybody else in a pts league care to discuss?

Grey

Re: PTS league - rankings? draft position?

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Draft based on points, not position scarcity
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

blakeas

Postby blakeas » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:15 am

ok - went with overall pts based rankings and had pitchers I wanted to target (13 team pts league - Hitting 1pt 1B, 2pts 2B, 3pts 3B, 4pts HR, 1pt RBI, 1pt R, 1pt BB pitching 15pts W, 7pts S, 1pt SO, 5pts CG) 16 total (C,1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OF and 1 U plus 7 pitching slots) I had the 2nd overall pick in this snake draft - Did I draft right?

1 G Stantaon
2 J Upton
3 A Pujols
4 C Davis
5 R Braun
6 B Zobrist
7 T Ross
8 A Wood
9 P hughes
10 C McHugh
11 D Hutchison
12 E Hosmer
13 C Archer
14 H Street
15 M Pineda
16 J gyorko
17 N Eovaldi
18 Billy Buter
19 W Ramos
20 A Hill

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 am

ok - went with overall pts based rankings and had pitchers I wanted to target (13 team pts league - Hitting 1pt 1B, 2pts 2B, 3pts 3B, 4pts HR, 1pt RBI, 1pt R, 1pt BB pitching 15pts W, 7pts S, 1pt SO, 5pts CG) 16 total (C,1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OF and 1 U plus 7 pitching slots) I had the 2nd overall pick in this snake draft - Did I draft right?

1 G Stantaon
2 J Upton
3 A Pujols
4 C Davis
5 R Braun
6 B Zobrist
7 T Ross
8 A Wood
9 P hughes
10 C McHugh
11 D Hutchison
12 E Hosmer
13 C Archer
14 H Street
15 M Pineda
16 J gyorko
17 N Eovaldi
18 Billy Buter
19 W Ramos
20 A Hill
I have some questions about your hitting -- Braun, Zobrist, Butler, Hill... Team looks competitive on pitching
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”