Drop Travis Snider for Jon Herrera?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
holic87

Drop Travis Snider for Jon Herrera?

Postby holic87 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 am

Team and format in sig.
---
8 team, PPR, 6 pt/TD (Pass/Rush/Rec), 1 pt/10 yd (Rush/Rec), 1 pt/20 yd (Pass), -2 pt/INT, -2 pt FUM Lost
Other non-standard scoring here: http://imgur.com/a/6sVNB#DzLrV
Roster: QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, Flex (WR/RB), TE, K, D/ST, 7 bench

Starters: QB: J. Freeman | RB1: R. Mendenhall | RB2: D. McFadden | Flex: B. Marshall | WR1: A. Johnson | WR2: M. Wallace | TE: R. Gronkowski | D/ST: Buccaneers | K: J. Kasay

Bench: RB: F. Jones | RB: S. Greene | RB: B. Tate | WR: D. Bowe | WR: M. Manningham | QB: J. Flacco | QB: R. Fitzpatrick

PollardsVision

Re: Drop Travis Snider for Jon Herrera?

Postby PollardsVision » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:00 am

I wouldn't.

Herrera will either be useless in a couple of weeks or he could go on to give you 25 SBs without hurting your AVG. That makes his upside Ryan Theriot.

Snider could turn in a 25-15 season.

Snider has the more guaranteed playing time and more upside.
10 team 5x5 ROTO (OBP), 11-player keeper, C/1B/2B/3B/SS/MI/CI/IF/5OF/UTIL/8SP/3RP

C: Castro, Montero
1B: Rizzo, Adams, Lind
2B: Kinsler, Kipnis
3B: M.Cabrera, Frazier, Reynolds
SS: Alcides
OF: Stanton, Trumbo, Choo, Marte, Rasmus, Blackmon, Bradley Jr.

SP: Gio, Scherzer, Ryu, Cashner, Kuroda, Lackey, Minor, Wood, Peralta
RP: Balfour, Perkins, Nathan, Frieri, Fields

Lagevulin
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Drop Travis Snider for Jon Herrera?

Postby Lagevulin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:21 am

Based on the admittedly small sample size from past seasons, Herrera does seem to be outperforming by a wide margin in terms of his K/BB ratio. He has gotten a very favorable lineup spot, though, hitting in the 2nd spot and thus with CarGo and Tulo behind him, virtually assuring him of good pitches to hit. Maybe he could be a speedy version of the high energy Dustin Pedroia (seems to be about the same size) - giving you good Runs, Average, Walks and SB. I could buy in that a rookie looking to prove himself, with that manager, could run a lot. You'd just need to find power elsewhere, because he has no evidence of power potential to date, and unlikely to produce much on the RBI side.

I'm currently debating adding him to my squad, since my 5x5 Roto, 13 team, mixed league (OBP, RBI, Runs, HR, SB) has B.Phillips, I.Desmond, R.Theriot and J.Lowrie on the roster, so I could see riding the hot hand and sitting I.Desmond as he scuffles.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”