Pick 2 of: Hamilton, Verlander, Zobrist, Nolasco

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
jewtangclan03

Pick 2 of: Hamilton, Verlander, Zobrist, Nolasco

Postby jewtangclan03 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 pm

So my situation isn't as obvious as it might seem by the title of the post.

12 team roto league, 5X5 (BA, R, RBI, HR, SB... W, K, ERA, WHIP, SV), 1400 innings pitched max. I've decided to keep Ellsbury (18th round), Reynolds (16th round), and Weaver (7th round). My team looks like this thus far:

C SP Weaver (7)
1B SP
2B SP
3B Reynolds (16) SP
SS SP
IF RP
OF Ellsbury (18) RP
OF RP
OF P
Util P

Every team can keep up to 5 players. Players that are drafted in the first 2 rounds cannot be kept the following year. Players can be kept for one round less (e.g. A guy you drafted in the 10th you can keep as a 9th rounder) than you drafted them the previous year. If you keep players beyond the next year, it costs 2 rounds less, then 4 rounds less in the next year, 8 rounds less the year after that, etc. Free agent pickups can be kept in the final round. And thanks in part to Grey, I won my league last year, so I'll have the 12th pick in the draft.

I'm choosing between the following players for my final 2 selections:
Hamilton ( can be kept in 4th round)
Verlander (can be kept in 5th round)
Nolasco (" " 22nd round)
Zobrist (" "24th round)

So who should it be? Lock in the studs with my 4th and 5th round picks? Take a flier on Nolasco and Zobrist with late round picks? Or perhaps one of each?
11 team roto league, traditional 5X5 categories, 1525 inning max

C d'Arnaud
1B Santana
2B Cano
SS Segura (K)
3B Machado
IF Shaw
OF J.D. Martinez
OF Cruz
OF Rosario
Util C.Taylor
Util M.Taylor
BN A. Rosario
BN T. Anderson
BN H. Ramirez

SP Verlander (K)
SP Wood (K)
SP Greinke
SP Gausman
SP G. Gonzalez
RP Knebel (K)
RP Familia
RP Herrera
RP Rodney
BN Porcello
BN Harvey
BN Matz

Grey

Re: Pick 2 of: Hamilton, Verlander, Zobrist, Nolasco

Postby Grey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:56 pm

So my situation isn't as obvious as it might seem by the title of the post.

12 team roto league, 5X5 (BA, R, RBI, HR, SB... W, K, ERA, WHIP, SV), 1400 innings pitched max. I've decided to keep Ellsbury (18th round), Reynolds (16th round), and Weaver (7th round). My team looks like this thus far:

C SP Weaver (7)
1B SP
2B SP
3B Reynolds (16) SP
SS SP
IF RP
OF Ellsbury (18) RP
OF RP
OF P
Util P

Every team can keep up to 5 players. Players that are drafted in the first 2 rounds cannot be kept the following year. Players can be kept for one round less (e.g. A guy you drafted in the 10th you can keep as a 9th rounder) than you drafted them the previous year. If you keep players beyond the next year, it costs 2 rounds less, then 4 rounds less in the next year, 8 rounds less the year after that, etc. Free agent pickups can be kept in the final round. And thanks in part to Grey, I won my league last year, so I'll have the 12th pick in the draft.

I'm choosing between the following players for my final 2 selections:
Hamilton ( can be kept in 4th round)
Verlander (can be kept in 5th round)
Nolasco (" " 22nd round)
Zobrist (" "24th round)

So who should it be? Lock in the studs with my 4th and 5th round picks? Take a flier on Nolasco and Zobrist with late round picks? Or perhaps one of each?
Hamilton and Verlander....
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

anarchy burger
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby anarchy burger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 pm

hamilton, verlander

Malacoda
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Malacoda » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 am