AL Only - Pitching - Who do you like?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
BigAhnold

AL Only - Pitching - Who do you like?

Postby BigAhnold » Wed May 12, 2021 11:20 am

This is both a roster and trade question. AL Only, 4x4, roto, 10 teams, $260 budget, team in signature.

Here is the problem - with this 4x4 league, closers are highly, highly valuable. Typical roster has 5 starters and 4 relievers.

I have to drop one of the following - and have also been offered a trade.

Crochet $5
McClanahan $5
Triston McKenzie $5

I can keep each of these three at $5 through 2023. The question requires a crystal ball - who will have the most value through 2023?

1) How do you rank Crochet, McClanahan, and McKenzie, in order, for anticipated performance through 2023?

I have been reading on McClanahan, and he appears to be a unicorn - a lefty who can throw 100 mph. However, he is 6'1", and I question his long term durability throwing 100. He strikes me as like Scott Kazmir, who certainly had his moments...until he didn't.

2) I have been offered Franmil Reyes (must drop at the end of 2021) for McClanahan. That would seem to solve my problem, but I wonder if giving up three years of McClanahan for six months of Reyes is the play, rather than dropping, say, McKenzie. Would you trade McClanahan for Reyes here?

All help appreciated.

BigA
AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Mejia C Torrens 1B JAbreu 2B Merrifield SS Bogaerts 3B Sano MI Fletcher CI YDiaz OF Grossman OF Stanton OF Naylor OF WCalhoun OF Solak UT EWhite
P Urquidy P Means P Singer P Dunning P McKenzie PMcClanahan P Staumont P Karinchak P Clase
DL: Mondesi, Voit, HHarvey, Crochet
Minors: Rooker

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, H2H, keeper
C Contreras C Ramos 1B Abreu 2B Albies SS Bichette 3B JDDavis MI Edman CI Kingery OF EJimenez OF Ozuna OF Conforto OF Benintendi OF Gallo UT FReyes Bench: MChavis, Fletcher
P Corbin P Woodruff P Bumgarner P Yarbrough P Ryu P Urias P NAnderson P Hendricks P AChapman Bench: Civale, Chirinos, MBarnes, Bassitt, Cueto
DL [/size]

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C Alfaro C Varsho 1B Abreu 2B Wendle SS TTurner 3B Chapman MI FLindor CI Hosmer OF Hampson OF Laureano OF KLewis OF Naquin OF BReynolds UT YAlvarez Bench: Kiner-Falefa, Dozier, DMoore
P Flaherty P Bassitt P Eovaldi P SGray P Means P Ryu P EDiaz P RRodriguez P Neris Bench: Pearson, Karinchak, Dunning, Yarbrough
DL AKirk, JDDavis, EHernandez

Grey

Re: AL Only - Pitching - Who do you like?

Postby Grey » Thu May 13, 2021 8:50 am

This is both a roster and trade question. AL Only, 4x4, roto, 10 teams, $260 budget, team in signature.

Here is the problem - with this 4x4 league, closers are highly, highly valuable. Typical roster has 5 starters and 4 relievers.

I have to drop one of the following - and have also been offered a trade.

Crochet $5
McClanahan $5
Triston McKenzie $5

I can keep each of these three at $5 through 2023. The question requires a crystal ball - who will have the most value through 2023?

1) How do you rank Crochet, McClanahan, and McKenzie, in order, for anticipated performance through 2023?

I have been reading on McClanahan, and he appears to be a unicorn - a lefty who can throw 100 mph. However, he is 6'1", and I question his long term durability throwing 100. He strikes me as like Scott Kazmir, who certainly had his moments...until he didn't.

2) I have been offered Franmil Reyes (must drop at the end of 2021) for McClanahan. That would seem to solve my problem, but I wonder if giving up three years of McClanahan for six months of Reyes is the play, rather than dropping, say, McKenzie. Would you trade McClanahan for Reyes here?

All help appreciated.

BigA
Drop Triston

McClanahan, Crochet, McKenzie, in that order

I'd take Franmil
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”