Keepers & Prospects For 2020

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Keepers & Prospects For 2020

Postby LadyScorpio » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:08 am

Hi Grey!

Unfortunately, I didn't win either of my leagues in 2019. I finished 3rd in my 10 teamer, 23 points away from 1st. I finished 2nd in my RCL 12 teamer just 1 point away from 1st!!! Despite my disappointment in where my teams ranked at the end of the season, I learned A LOT and I couldn't have done as well as I did WITHOUT YOU and ALL of your FANTASTIC advice!!! THANK YOU, GREY!!!! You are a fantasy guru extraordinaire!!! By the way, I just bought you a boba/made a $20 donation.

Anyway, back in early August, I'd asked you for suggestions about keepers for my 10 team, roto, keeper league for 2020. At the time, you'd suggested that I keep Acuña, Bieber, Machado and Tatis. However, I wanted to get your take on swapping Eloy for Machado. Seeing that Machado won your Razzballie for NL Least Valuable Player, I was thinking that maybe I should ditch him. Thoughts?

Lastly, I usually draft rookies in the late rounds instead of adding them when they're called up. Relieves me of worrying about my waiver position or someone else grabbing them 1st. It paid off with Acuna in 2018 and this year with Tatis and Eloy. I likewise was contemplating drafting Jo Adell, Kopech and Luis Robert in 2020. Or would you advise other rookie players to draft instead?

Please advise,
LadyScorpio
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Re: Keepers & Prospects For 2020

Postby Grey » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi Grey!

Unfortunately, I didn't win either of my leagues in 2019. I finished 3rd in my 10 teamer, 23 points away from 1st. I finished 2nd in my RCL 12 teamer just 1 point away from 1st!!! Despite my disappointment in where my teams ranked at the end of the season, I learned A LOT and I couldn't have done as well as I did WITHOUT YOU and ALL of your FANTASTIC advice!!! THANK YOU, GREY!!!! You are a fantasy guru extraordinaire!!! By the way, I just bought you a boba/made a $20 donation.

Anyway, back in early August, I'd asked you for suggestions about keepers for my 10 team, roto, keeper league for 2020. At the time, you'd suggested that I keep Acuña, Bieber, Machado and Tatis. However, I wanted to get your take on swapping Eloy for Machado. Seeing that Machado won your Razzballie for NL Least Valuable Player, I was thinking that maybe I should ditch him. Thoughts?

Lastly, I usually draft rookies in the late rounds instead of adding them when they're called up. Relieves me of worrying about my waiver position or someone else grabbing them 1st. It paid off with Acuna in 2018 and this year with Tatis and Eloy. I likewise was contemplating drafting Jo Adell, Kopech and Luis Robert in 2020. Or would you advise other rookie players to draft instead?

Please advise,
LadyScorpio
WHAT?! How'd you lose? No! Thanks for the donation, that bums me out to hear you didn't win... I could see Eloy over Machado now -- I will be going over rookies to draft as October turns to November!
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

LadyScorpio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LadyScorpio » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Yeah...I know!!! I'm bummed for losing too! But it was due to injuries to key contributors to my offense. Once Dahl, Tatis, JoRam and B. Anderson all went down 1 after the other in virtually the same week or 2, my team sunk from there!!! Then losing Trout and Rizzo at the end, only for the Cubs to bring Rizzo back AFTER I DROPPED him only made matters worse!!! Boyd and Lynn didn't help me much either near the end. Glad Lynn's last regular game of the season was a win vs the Yanks and 10Ks with a 1.23 ERA, 0.40 WHIP & 10.00 K/BB. Otherwise, his pitching STUNK in September!!! Still, both he and Boyd had been GREAT pickups earlier in the season and when they pitched well they were untouchable. 2019 was the most interesting fantasy season that I've played in a while!! LOTS of new studs and all the FS pitchers made it A LOT of fun to watch.

Coming in 2nd and 3rd in 2 different leagues isn't bad. It's STILL LOSING, but at least I was in the thick of things. You never know what fate has in store. I had a bit of bad luck during the last month of baseball, but that happens ALL the time. Hopefully, history won't repeat itself next year. Meanwhile, I'll be on the lookout for your November write up on the Rookies that I asked you about. I have a feeling Adell and Robert will be especially fantastic!!

Thanks again for all of your awesome fantasy advice!!!
LadyScorpio

P.S. The donation was my pleasure!
(1 of 5 Female Razzball Readers and proud of it!!! :D)

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:37 am

No problem! Hopefully we can help you get to #1 again next year! Such a bummer tho!
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”