LOGIN

Carlos Beltran just had surgery on his knee.  It’s said that he’ll only need 8-12 weeks for rehab and should be ready for Opening Day.  Here’s my thought, why wait until January to have surgery that needs 12 weeks to recover from?  Couple of reasons come to mind — 1) Beltran’s injury is more serious than anyone’s letting on. 2) The surgery really is minor and Beltran will be fine for mid-April. 3) The Mets are Mr. Bungle.  I vote for 1 and 3.  Reports were initially saying that the surgery was done without the Mets knowledge.  What, Beltran’s got a cousin that is practicing medicine and wanted to try something out?  Makes no sense.  Then the Mets started doing damage control and are saying it was a standard scope of the knee to lessen some pain and the Mets were okay with the procedure being done.  So you either believe there’s nothing to worry about for fantasy baseball drafts or you ignore him?  Now, I’m choosing to ignore Beltran this year in drafts unless he falls into the 100s.  This knee problem that was supposedly minor last year was only supposed to cost him a few weeks then.  6 months later and it’s still minor.  My definition of minor and the Mets definition of minor are majorly different.