Oregon Nut Cups, this is for you!

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
JoeC
Sponsor
Sponsor

Oregon Nut Cups, this is for you!

Postby JoeC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am

So there I am in my Razzball league draft on Sunday, having been granted the 7th pick of the draft and luckboxing into Joey Bats.

Ok, 3B is filled, where to now? Oh, man-crush on Giancarlo (check)...

Round 3 now and there's my beautiful horse, Adrian Beltre... he's a-comin' to me and I am more than happy to put him in my CI-and-forget-it position. Alas, he is taken 2 picks before my turn and I take Panda for the BA-help instead.

By the time we're in the 9th round, I still have no first baseman. It wasn't intentional necessarily, but I always chose to fill other positions in the first 8 rounds and now I'm gettin' a little worried.

I'm looking at my rankings for the first basemen who are left... and who should be at the top of that list than none other than Mark Reynolds, Oregon Nut Cups' love child! We had this big, long debate on the value of Reynolds vs. Beltre on the Razzball forums and obviously it planted a seed in my head, because I was dismissive of Reynolds previous to the discussion. So, pick 103, that's me choosing Mark Reynolds without a gun to my head and slotting him in as my first baseman. :)

I owe it all to you, ONC! (as well as destroying any hopes I had of posting a good total in the BA category!)

Grey

Re: Oregon Nut Cups, this is for you!

Postby Grey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 am

Nice!
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 am

Ha, I'm both happy and sad for you then. Enjoy those 35 HRs, though. Panda and him together make alot of sense. Panda's average is 'pure' in that it comes with very few walks. Reynolds is going to nab you about 80 BB compared to probably 40 from Panda over a 600 PA season. It seems insignificant, but at the same time those 40 extra AB coupled with 80 less from Reynolds adds up to a BA balance out bonus with Panda over the course of the season.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Big Magoo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Big Magoo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 am

Sorry for snatching Beltre off the board ahead of you. I'd be more than happy to trade him to you though - a straight up deal for Joey Bats and we'll call it even :D

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”