Marcum for Walden?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Bluebomb

Marcum for Walden?

Postby Bluebomb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 pm

My rotation: Sabathia-Hudson-Beachy-Garcia-Marcum-Dickey-Alvarez
RPs: K-Rod-Motte-Jim Johnson-Madson

If yes, what if it was Alvarez+Marcum for Walden?
ESPN 16-team (5x5 w/ OBP H2H):
IF – Rosario, Konerko, Phillips, A. Ramirez, Zimmerman
OF – CarGo, Bourn, Willingham
UTIL – Crisp, Duda, Carroll [BN]
SP – Kershaw, Chapman, Parker, Buchholz, Milone, Luebke [DL]
RP – Reed, Perkins, Storen, Santos, Gregerson
(2*SP, 2*RP, 4*P)

Oregon Nut Cups

Re: Marcum for Walden?

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 am

Too much for a closer. Saves are always out there, I'd rather scavenge than pay for them with Marcum.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Bluebomb

Postby Bluebomb » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:22 am

I dunno man. 16 team league so saves are pretty sparse. Having 4 closers would be a huge advantage. Wouldn't it be very difficult to punt saves in a league like this?
(2*SP, 2*RP, 4*P)

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 am

I dunno man. 16 team league so saves are pretty sparse. Having 4 closers would be a huge advantage. Wouldn't it be very difficult to punt saves in a league like this?
If you have 3 closers, you're not punting saves. Replacing a consistent arm like Marcum is going to be harder, in my opinion, than grabbing saves over the course of the year. Injuries happen, shaky closing production happens and it usually opens up the opportunity to pick up saves from their replacements. I'd rather take a gamble on that over the course of a season than to trade away Marcum.
ONC

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

logan81901

Postby logan81901 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 pm

i agree with oregon. keep marcum and saves will open up later. happens every year.
16 team roto keeper league
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, W, K, S, HLD, ERA, WHIP
16 players must be kept each year
Keep as long as you want
1500 inning limit
162 games per position

C- Wilson Ramos
1st- Freddie Freeman
2nd- Gyorko
3rd- Miggy
SS- E Cabrera
INF- Chris Davis
LF- Brett Gardner
CF- Andrew McCutchen
RF-
OF-
UT-A Beltre

SP- Matt Cain
SP- Madison Bumgarner
SP- Julio Teheran
RP- Grant Balfour
RP- Sergio Romo
RP-
P- Shelby Miller
P-
P-
BN- Miguel Sano
BN-
BN-
BN-
BN-
BN-

Bluebomb

Postby Bluebomb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Should I trade Swisher+Hudson for Stanton? Swisher will have a higher OBP but Stanton will get 15+ more homers. I don't think he's aware Hudson will miss time.

His OF is Stanton-Ichiro-Pierre, so I'm thinking of trying to package in Chase Headley so he can shift Bautista to OF or something. He also wants Ben Revere.

So basically:
Hudson/Swisher for Stanton
Hudson/Swisher/Headley/Revere for Stanton/SP*
For the SP, I'm thinking of asking for Feliz, but he's also got Walden, Morrow, and Chacin.
(2*SP, 2*RP, 4*P)

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Should I trade Swisher+Hudson for Stanton? Swisher will have a higher OBP but Stanton will get 15+ more homers. I don't think he's aware Hudson will miss time.

His OF is Stanton-Ichiro-Pierre, so I'm thinking of trying to package in Chase Headley so he can shift Bautista to OF or something. He also wants Ben Revere.

So basically:
Hudson/Swisher for Stanton
Hudson/Swisher/Headley/Revere for Stanton/SP*
For the SP, I'm thinking of asking for Feliz, but he's also got Walden, Morrow, and Chacin.
I'd do the first one. Second one may thin you out too much though if you go that route, I'd want Morrow or Chacin, in that order.
ONC

Bluebomb

Postby Bluebomb » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:41 pm

He's asked for Beachy/Swisher for Stanton. I don't really want to do this because I like Beachy.

We're still negotiating another route though. I offered him Swisher/Jackson/Marcum/Dickey for Stanton/Feliz but he said he didn't like Dickey that much. I asked him if he'd replace Dickey with K-Rod or Henderson Alvarez and i'm waiting on a reply now.
(2*SP, 2*RP, 4*P)

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”