Trade for Joyce?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
kevo252

Trade for Joyce?

Postby kevo252 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 am

Is he really a legit top 10 OF? I know his average won't remain at .370, but what do his final numbers look like?

Thinking about dealing Kennedy for him, but not sure if I have enough pitching to make the move. thoughts?

Hawgzilla23

Re: Trade for Joyce?

Postby Hawgzilla23 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 am

Joyce can legitimately finish as a top 15-20 outfielder this year. The talent is definitely there; he just needs to develop some consistency against lefties. However, your OF is already fairly solid with Kemp, McCutchen, and Rasmus. I would definitely take Kemp and McCutchen over Joyce for the course of a whole season. Rasmus and Joyce are pretty similar in my opinion, so I wouldn't make the move to put him in your OF. However, he would be a huge upgrade over Ludwick in your UT spot. However, you won't have the problem when Davis comes back from the DL; I'm assuming it's Ike Davis you have sitting on your bench. So, while I believe in Joyce; I'm not sure that I'd weaken your current staff to obtain him.

kevo252

Re: Trade for Joyce?

Postby kevo252 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks for the solid analysis. I was thinking along the same lines. i really like Joyce for this season (and he has good keeper value in ym league), but I am in first place right now and I think it mainly because both ym offense and defense are very well balanced. So not sure I want to weaken my pitching staff for a guy I like, but don't need.

It is Ike Davis I have sitting on my bench. Also, Zimmerman will hopefully be back in two weeks or so, so i can slide Ryan Roberts to utility if Ludwick cools down. Also, Allen Craig is looking like he might stick and hoepfully Rizzo and/or Goldschmidt gets the call in the next month. Between all those guys, I should be able to field an acceptable second utility player until Ike Davis returns from the DL.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”