trade offer for J-Upside

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Hebrew Hammer

trade offer for J-Upside

Postby Hebrew Hammer » Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 am

Just got offered Justin Upton for my Josh Johnson and Pete Bourjos.

My team is in the signature (12 teams, 5x5 roto)

I play Bourjos some of the time in the OF, but i also have Brantley and Coghlan to play in his spot.

My Five OF would be Upton, Cargo, Rios, Heyward, and Abreu.

Brantley, Coghlan, Ibanez, and schmohawk behind door 3 would play in the U spot.

I wouldn't have a permanent replacement for JJ, but the cupboard wouldn't be bare with Hamels, Weaver, Shields and Norris already on board.

What do you think?

Bosy Billups

Re: trade offer for J-Upside

Postby Bosy Billups » Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 am

I'd personally do it. Ibanez? no thanks.

Your pitching is solid too. Perhaps grab someone off the wire w/ upside.

My opinion though.

harrisonobeid

Re: trade offer for J-Upside

Postby harrisonobeid » Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 am

Personally, I love Justin Upton, but in this situation you have to just look at the numbers between the main players in this trade. Upton has hit well, not up to his expectations well, but good enough to consider him a top 30 outfielder. With that said, Upton has also been slumping recently.

Moving on to Josh Johnson. With the exception of one start, Josh Johnson has been the best pitcher in the league this year. Stats wise he's going toe to toe with Roy Halladay.

In regards to this trade, I see you giving up an extremely hot player and a player that you use frequently, for a player who could turn things around and have an epic season, but right now isn't worth the value of the main player your giving up.

In the end, I don't think this is a bad trade. It's just that you could probably get a little bit more for what you're offering, and you wouldn't even have to give up Bourjos, either.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”