LOGIN

What a night! I spent last evening at Razzball’s Boston stop of the #32in32in32 tour kicking it with the one and only Nick Capozzi, Smokey (my new best friend) and a whole bunch of Razzaholics at the Greatest Bar in Boston (obnoxious Boston bar name alert). Though the focus was football, there was a whole lot of Daily Fantasy baseball talk with so many daily junkies in the building. A few conversations about lineup strategies and spending approaches came up. The overwhelming sentiment seemed to be how much cheaper hitters had gotten since the DraftKings acquisition of Draft Street. I’d have to agree, I also have to say I don’t dislike it. It’s made the format even more competitive and allowed me to get aces into my rotation more frequently, which I’m good with. As any good DraftKing knows it’s all about the pitching baby! Well, loyal Razzballers (Grey’s mom’s term?) today is no different. With a full slate of games and a full slate of pitchers to choose from I feel a little underwhelmed. I can say that there are only three starters who I’m actually excited to start today. One of which I’m taking on blind faith. Well maybe not quite blind becauseKyle Hendricks has been damn good since his call up (5-1, 1.66 ERA, 1.20 WHIP) and has put up three start starts of 20+ points on DK. The K rate leaves something to be desired but 3 straight starts of 7 innings or more makes up for the lack of punchouts. It doesn’t hurt that his price is cheap at $7,100, allowing you to target some high end bats in the early games.

New to DraftKings? Scared of feeling like a small fish in a big pond? Well try out this 20 teamer of Razzball writers and friends to wet your DK whistle. Just remember to sign up through us before you do. It’s how we know you care!  If you still feel helpless and lonely, be sure to check theDFSBot for your daily baseball plays.

Jon Lester, SP: $11,500 – This should go to show you how I feel about the pitching options today when I’m willing to spend this much money on a pitcher facing a top notch offense like the Angels. The thing you have to like most about Lester is his ability to pitch a gem against anyone. He’s been great since joining the A’s (2.92 ERA, 8.13 K/9, 1.95 BB/9, and a 3-1 record).

Zack Greinke, SP: $10,800 – I’m pretty much hot to start any pitcher facing the Mets and their 21.2% K% and .294 wOBA. When it’s a player of Greinke’s caliber, I’m screaming like your mom when she thinks about Ringo Starr.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C: $4,000 – Okay so the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do here at Razzball was type that name after a long night of drinking with Smokey (what up homie!). Seriously! Salty has finally started to heat up and get into one of his 1-2 week hot streaks and it’s perfect timing for us daily baseball players as he spends the weekend in the mile high city. He’s had 4 straight games of 9 points or more on DK and I’d be shocked if it doesn’t continue.

Casey McGehee, 1B/3B: $3,300 – I’m still completely shocked that “Fatty” McGehee has been able to keep this up all season but it’s the last week of August and he’s still hitting nearly .300 (.295). His price is nice, he’s in Coors, and he frees up money to support my high end pitching addiction.

Alexei Ramirez, SS: $3,700 – All my favorite SS options are in the early set today. Ramirez is 8/21 lifetime against Hiroki Kuroda with two dongs and 8 RBI’s. I’ve mentioned before in this place how much I love Alexei as a daily player. Speed and power guys play great in the DraftKings scoring format.

Ian Desmond, SS: $4,300 – This is all about the BvP, Desmond is 10/14 with 2 dongs against Tim Lincecum. Those numbers are tough to ignore.

Jonny Gomes, OF: $2,600 – I’m all about getting Hacksaw Jonny anytime he faces a lefty which he does today. The price is right for Gomes tonight.

Giancarlo Stanton, OF: $5,700 – I’m not sure I really need to introduce this pick but okay. It’s Stanton and he’s at Coors. Nuff said!  He also faces Jordan Lyles and he’s hit a homer off the Rockies righty in the past. I’m all about the Marlins stack tonight and think Garrett Jones, 1B/OF:($4,400) should be in all lineups as he faces the Rockies only RHP. He’s also 9/16 lifetime against Lyles with two dongs and 9 RBI’s.

Rymer Liriano, OF: $3,800 – This guys real life name is a 100 times better rap alias than 99% of the rap aliases out there. He’s also a talented power hitter who plays for the Padres with a road matchup in a hitters park. I wonder if Padres hitters look forward to road games? Wouldn’t you?

Alex Rios, OF: $3,400 – How is Rios this cheap? He hasn’t been great this year but he also hasn’t been bad. He’s 17/58 lifetime against Jeremy Guthrie with two homers. This is great cheap play to get the aforementioned Lester, Greinke, and Stanton into your lineups tonight without giving away too much offense on a punt play.

Friday Night 20 Teamer Results

I know I haven’t done this in a few weeks but after finishing dead last yesterday evening I want to give the following players their due. Last night’s winner dcolton76, second place finisher MaroonCX5, and our very own Schlurricane rounds out the top 3. if you haven’t hopped into these contests yet, you should. We’ve been running them pretty much every night since May and they’re always super competitive.

I’m Only Happy When It Rains

There’s a 40% chance of rain in Washington for the Giants vs. Nationals matchup and a 40% chance of rain in Cincinnati for the Braves and Reds showdown, Philadelphia has 30% chance of showers at game time but the probability of rain tapers off the further you get from the start time. So no 50% or above threats.

Doing Lines In Vegas

Give me the over on 8.5 in the Yankees – White Sox matchup

I’ll take the over on 7.5 in the Indians – Astros game

and I’ll take the under on 7.5 in the Nationals – Giants game

As always, be sure to check the lineups, give a look at the weather and I toast your team with slightly chilled Manischewitz

Follow me on Twitter @ralphlifshitzbb or challenge me on DraftKings @ Puigroast