LOGIN

It’s way too quiet in here… I need a sniper to take out a closer or something. Maybe a team of trained Labrador assassins [Jay’s Note: Everyone knows that Labradoodle assassins are better.], no one would expect that.  The “Seeing Eyes of Terror” would be their name. Speaking of which, I want to concentrate this week on the under-ratedness of Huston Street. The trade that helps him, the new ballpark that allows his team to actually score runs, and the ability to be that close to Mike Trout. So we are going to venture back through time and space, steal some plutonium from some Libyans, and go back to stats for 2012 to the present day. Confused? Good, me too. So, since 2012, Huston St. is top-10 in saves (86), tops in save % with only 4 BS in 3 years, at a 95.3% clip. And he also has had a resurgence in K Rate to push it over 9 K/9, but for a better perspective, he K’s batters at a 26.5% rate. Hold on, I’m not done yet. He is also one of only four RP with a K rate of over 9 and a walk rate under 2.1.  Add all that up, and I love Street for this year, and next year well he will probably be over-drafted based on this post alone. Catch you all on the flip-flip, meaning comments.

Psyche! Before you go further, you should take me on in our Fantasy Football RCL’s for chances at some really neato prizes! (Or commish one for a chance at a Best Buy gift card!)

• If you want a reliever to trade for, the answer for me for the last month has been Zach Britton. Why? Because it’s like taking confectionery sugar form a human less than two years old. That starting pitcher eligibility is super sexy. So go! Make an offer that’s something stupid, just enough for that owner to say yes. 10 saves the rest of the year out of a SP spot, ummm yes, and please.
  • In a sad case of affairs, Edward Mujica, who was such a pretty handcuff idea this year, notched his first hold of the year. Congrats for being completely useless until last week. I mean really, 39 games and he got his first hold… I understand he has been as useful as a bag of hammers this year, but come on. 39 games… give your game check to charity.
  • Mike Dunn and Tony Watson both lead their respective teams in wins. Somehow their teams are 3rd and 5th in the wildcard standings for the NL. Viva la bullpens.

Marry

What’s better than having the comfort of having a great stand-by at home? Nothing. It helps you, it lives for you and gosh darn’it, you can do with it as you please, under the jurisdictions of the law. It’s got a nice pre-kids body and a penchant for baking. So we have the roster stalwarts that you want to have and hold for this season forward.

1. Craig Kimbrel – (Jordan Walden, James Russell, Anthony Varvaro)

2. Kenley Jansen – (Brian WilsonJ.P. Howell, Chris Perez)

3. Greg Holland – (Wade DavisAaron Crow, Jason Frasor)

4. Aroldis Chapman – (Jonathan BroxtonJ.J. Hoover)

5. David Robertson – (Dellin BetancesAdam Warren)

6. Huston Street – (Joe Smith, Kevin Jepsen)

7. Sean Doolittle – (Luke Gregerson, Danny Otero, Ryan Cook)

8. Glen Perkins – (Casey FienJared Burton)

9.  Koji Uehara – (Junichi TazawaEdward Mujica)

10. Trevor Rosenthal – (Pat NeshekKevin SiegristJason Motte)

F#ck

These guys are fun, and maybe some day you’ll want to marry them, but right now they have their flaws and you’re not sure if you wanna take them home to mom. So you give them the special booty-call ring designation on your phone, and you get everything that marriage can’t give you. Stats are the important thing here, and lots of them, no obligations. No alimony attached, just straight unadulterated stats.

11. Francisco Rodriguez – (Will SmithBrandon Kintzler)

12. Fernando Rodney – (Danny FarquharYoervis MedinaCharlie Furbush)

13. Steve Cishek – (Mike DunnA.J. Ramos, Bryan Morris)

14. Rafael Soriano – (Tyler ClippardDrew Storen)

15. Cody Allen – (John Axford, Bryan Shaw)

16. Mark Melancon – (Tony WatsonJustin Wilson)

17. Zach Britton – (Darren O’Day, Tommy Hunter, Andrew Miller)

18.  Joe Nathan – (Joakim Soria, Joba Chamberlain, Jim Johnson)

19. Casey Janssen – (Aaron Loup, Dustin McGowan, Brett Cecil)

20. Jonathan Papelbon – (Ken GilesAntonio BastardoJustin De Fratus)

21. Jake McGee – (Grant BalfourBrad BoxbergerJoel Peralta)

22. Santiago Casilla – (Sergio Romo,  Jeremy Affeldt, Jean Machi)

23. Chad Qualls – (Josh Fields, Jose Veras, Tony Sipp)

24. Addison Reed – (Brad ZieglerMatt Stites)

25. Joaquin Benoit – (Kevin QuackenbushDale Thayer, Nick Vincent )

Kill

Should be self-explanatory. There is no comfort in this grouping, along with the fear of looking suspicious when buying a new shovel and some lyme when all that you wanna do is plant a new butterfly bush. The jib? The newly injured replacements are here or just they’re just the unproven. All should be laid to rest, unless desperation or injury becomes you. Don’t get comfy, death or stat-suicide may be closer than it appears.

26. LaTroy Hawkins – (Rex BrothersAdam Ottavino)

27. Jenrry Mejia – (Jeurys FamiliaCarlos TorresVic Black)

28. Hector Rondon – (Pedro Strop, Justin Grimm)

29. Neftali Feliz – (Neal Cotts, Steve Tollefson)

30. Jake Petricka  – (Ronald Belisario, Javy Guerra, Daniel Webb)