Big Trade for ANDRE ETHIER

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
bravo0919

Big Trade for ANDRE ETHIER

Postby bravo0919 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:09 am

Currently in 1st place in a 16 team H2H League. I feel as though my team is a little weak in the OF and want to make a move to go for it all.

I am going to trade Juan Pierre and my 2nd Round Pick next year for Andre Ethier.
The team I am trading my pick to is out of the race.

Am I giving up too much... Next year I have Wainwright and Andrus as keepers..

Please help

daver

Re: Big Trade for ANDRE ETHIER

Postby daver » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:33 am

What do dump deals in your league typically look like? I've seen dump trades vary greatly from league to league depending on the league culture for dump deals. In my keeper league, valuable futures (like a second round pick) would command more than just a one year rental of Ethier (and you're also adding Pierre) ... in my league I could likely get Ethier plus a second player). That said, I never like to lose a chance to "go for the title". If you think this deal puts you over the top for 2010 and it's relatively in line with prior years' dump trades, I'd go for it!

bravo0919

Postby bravo0919 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 am

Trades with Future Picks get voted on by league members so that they are not just player dumps that are unfair. The league is well run and has had the same core of guys for 4 years..

Another trade was Longoria and a 3rd rder for Carlos Pena and a 1st rder

I think the Longoria was a clear winner but.. whatever

daver

Postby daver » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am

The new Longoria owner made out better than your proposed Etheir deal. Can you use that deal as a comparison to extract a bit more out of your trade partner?

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”