LOGIN

The week 8 two-start landscape is particularly cruddy.  Sure, if you’ve got a Kershaw- or Miller-type two-starter you’re set; you’re awesome.  Good for you.  Those of us perusing the wire for our two-starters, though, are left with mostly turds.  It’s really bad.  We have ten dudes in the “DON’T START” tier.  Our previous high in that department was six, and that week is the only other with more than three in the bottom tier.  Maybe I’m just in a pessimistic mood, but I truly don’t trust the bulk of the week 8 crop.  Take it easy on the two-start streaming this week.

As always, probable pitchers are subject to change.  For a look at all fantasy baseball streamers, click that link.

MUST START

Clayton Kershaw (@MIL, STL); Max Scherzer (@CLE, MIN); Jon Lester (@CWS, CLE); Shelby Miller (@SD, @LAD); Hisashi Iwakuma (@CLE, TEX)

• The Random Italicized Voice in the Shelby Miller section of Grey’s most recent buy/sell?  That was me.

FIRST TIER

Johnny Cueto (@NYM, CHC); Wandy Rodriguez (CHC, MIL); Cole Hamels (@MIA, @WAS); Jeremy Guthrie (@HOU, OAK); Yovani Gallardo (LAD, PIT);

• As I alluded to in the intro, there aren’t many quality options available on waivers this week, but I’d still give a peek at the wire in hopes of snagging Jeremy Guthrie (58% owned in Y! leagues), or Wandy Rodriguez (52%).  Wandy brings the bigger upside if you’re choosing between the two, but I’m good with starting either in mixed H2H formats for the coming week.  The others here are surely owned, and you can start ’em if you got ’em.

SECOND TIER

Jerome Williams (SEA, @KC); Wade Davis (@HOU, LAA); Julio Teheran (MIN, @NYM); Dylan Axelrod  (BOS, MIA); Scott Kazmir (SEA, @BOS); Jason Marquis (STL, @ARI)

There’s more to choose from in this group, but it obviously comes with more risk.  Jerome Williams (5% owned in Y! leagues) is a solid play, getting two favorable starts.  Wade Davis (5%) also has a favorable schedule, and might be worth a shot, especially if you’re seeking counting stats.  Teheran (24%), Kazmir (22%), Marquis (7%), and Axelrod (1%) are the last of the potentially useful options.

THIRD TIER

Josh Lindblom (OAK, @SEA); Kevin Correia (@ATL, @DET); Bartolo Colon (@TEX, @HOU); Felix Doubront (@CWS, CLE); Carlos Villanueva (@PIT, @CIN); Jon Garland (ARI, @SF)

• Josh Lindblom (0% owned in Y! leagues) will fill in for Alexi Ogando, and will go twice in his debut week.  In 43 IP at Triple-A Round Rock, the 25-year-old posted a 2.08 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and a 33/11 K/BB.  He has the most optimistic outlook in this group, but I still don’t trust him.  I’m also avoiding Kevin Correia and Carlos Villanueva, who’re both trending downward.  Colon brings a shred of upside with a start against the Astros, but the start at Texas, as well as general poor performance sorta offset that Houston outing.

DON’T START

Chad Jenkins (TB, BAL); Ramon Ortiz (TB, BAL); Phil Hughes (@BAL, @TB); Mike Pelfrey (@ATL, @DET); Dallas Keuchel (KC, OAK); Corey Kluber (DET, @BOS); Freddy Garcia (NYY, @TOR); Ryan Vogelsong (WAS , COL); Shaun Marcum (CIN, ATL); Alex Sanabia (PHI, @CWS)