CJ Wilson

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
generic

CJ Wilson

Postby generic » Fri May 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Fluke or no fluke? Need a starter for the rest of the season, and I can't believe my eyes every time I see the Rangers box score with him on the mound.

sf05

Re: CJ Wilson

Postby sf05 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Fluke or no fluke? Need a starter for the rest of the season, and I can't believe my eyes every time I see the Rangers box score with him on the mound.
I've had him for most of his starts and had been following him all along, watched his games, etc. He has a tendency to allow runners on base early on via walks or hits, but he is great at getting himself out of it. He looks very good to be honest. He keeps the ball down very low and mixes in a variety of pitches. I would pick him up.

CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby CarlWeathers » Sat May 15, 2010 8:13 am

I'm going to try and trade him in about 2 weeks - worried what the Texas heat will do, more innings and teams seeing him more.

ChrisV82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ChrisV82 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:38 am

The problem is he has a lower than 2.00 K/BB ratio. That's getting into Millwood territory, another guy having a good start that makes you sweat more than a small child in a rectory.
I like sports with balls in them.

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Sat May 15, 2010 7:10 pm

I turned down a trade of Mariano Rivera for Wilson straight up today...

I plan on offering the same trade back in a few weeks, but I do think that C.J. Wilson is a legitimately good pitcher.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

emptygift

Postby emptygift » Sat May 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Tough to Judge. I have him and since he's given me 25 outstanding innings. I want to belive. I do agree with the summer heat thought. You never know though. If your debating, spot start. Though if you can package for something ideal for your team I wouldn't be hesitant.
10 Team Keeper League
Stats-R HR RBI SB OBP SLG-W SV K ERA WHIP K/BB

C-S. Perez
1B-C. Davis
2B-Cano
SS-Elvis
3B-Wright
OF-Cargo
OF-A. Jones
OF-Noki
OF-Choo
Ult-Butler
B-Belt
B-Carpenter
B-Rendon
B-Nava

SP-Bumgarner
SP-Scherzer
SP-Kennedy
SP-Cobb
SP-Niese
SP-Lester
SP-Cingrani
SP-Wacha
RP-Mujica
RP-Perkins
RP-Wilhelmsen
RP-Henderson

Bichette Happens

Postby Bichette Happens » Sun May 16, 2010 2:32 am

I traded him two weeks ago, a bit too early I know, for Jason Bay straight up. Besides the heat, I'm worried that by the time he gets to 150 innings his arm might fall off but I'm sure Nolan Ryan knows what he is doing...does anyone think he will be a Cole Hamels type pick up next year--in that he will blow?
12 Team H2H Points

C - Santana
1B - Teixeira
2B - SeanRod
3B - Wright
SS - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Werth, Dunn, Quentin
UTIL - Bay
Bench - Gaby Sanchez

SP - J. Santana
SP - Nolasco
SP - Felix
SP - Dempster
SP - Greinke
SP - Jamie Garcia
SP - Bumgarner
SP - Wandy
DL - Bedard
RP - Marmol
RP - Franklin

generic

Postby generic » Sun May 16, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks for all the advice, folks.

I was trying to make my determination because I needed a 2-start pitcher, but I think I'll just hold off on that.

How would you rank CJ Wilson, Ricky Romero, Clay Buchholz, Chad Billingsley, Dallas Braden, and Doug Fister?

jebusfreek666

Postby jebusfreek666 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 am

If you want saves, Romero is the way to go.. he has been knocking guys out all year..... he does allow to any on base.... but nobody is perfect. CJ is also a good option

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”